Knives vs Cops

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/06/knives-vs-cops.html

2 Likes

Don’t bring a gun to a knife fight.

1 Like

Jesus, how quaint is it to see a video that pretends a cop would reach for something other than a lethal weapon when someone has a knife. Seems like the Laquan McDonald murder should be edited in there?

11 Likes

I recently saw that Timothée Chalamet Henry V movie in a theater, and near the end there’s a bit where he unexpectedly stabs a dude in the head, which made me giggle quite loudly. And then the same thing just happened with this video. I guess head-stabbings just tickle my funny bone.

1 Like

Narwhal horn trumps knife.

2 Likes

Occasionally the cops do it right. Like this guy:

7 Likes

Who the hell expects to be stabbed by a sword when they knock on a door I would have pulled a Gun 2!

The knife in the face…why? Why would anyone ever do this just show him your fucking license?

Now show me an example where the cop has a typical white christian american name and I’ll be impressed.

1 Like

Red Letter Media does an EPIC treatment of the full video (which is titled Surviving Edged Weapons, and is complete with 80’s satanic panic propaganda!) here:

4 Likes

I also enjoy the stabber’s “here you go, hth” expression

1 Like

Ugggggh - this was my childhood. Father was a cop, and training videos were part of that either because he’d bring them home to review or, when I was a tiny kid, we might get dropped off at the PD for a few hours after school (or whatever) and there was nothing to do but wait in the screening room while the wrapped up training.

I still have nightmares about this one involving a bank robbery gone wrong…wonder if it’s on YouTube so I can finally confront my childhood trauma!

1 Like

5 Likes

Well, there is something inherently frightening about Swiss Army-wielding, sandals & socks-wearing Minnesotans.

2 Likes

Surviving Edged Weapons was a ®evolutionary step in defensive tactics training back in the day. A stilted, sensationalist, somewhat racist step but an important reality check for all those bad self defense techniques you don’t see any longer

4 Likes

Is this Canadian? At least some of these clips feel very Canadian.

1 Like

Midwest US

1 Like

Milwaukee

1 Like

Naw, we’re more like this.

2 Likes