Kraft releases pink, candy-flavored macaroni and cheese for Valentine's Day

This reminded me of an actually tasty form of sweet pasta:

I never would’ve thought of mixing those flavors, but it’s really good. Mr. Linkey made it a while back. It’s especially good with duck (we had leftovers from Thanksgiving).

7 Likes

Love it! One of my housemates is very passionate about mac & cheese not being adulterated in any way (I like to add peas and corn, for example, and Tabasco, which horrifies her). I’m tempted to buy her a box of this as a v-day gift, but I don’t want to be evicted so maybe not…

4 Likes

I like adding a couple of Taco Bell hot sauce packets. As a latch key kid of the 80’s, I pretty much lived on Kraft M&C.

2 Likes

I saw a review of some limited edition “pumpkin spice” Kraft mac-n-cheese, where they added sugar to it, and that was inexplicable enough. (The spice mix is perfectly appropriate for a savory dish, and in fact, some of those spices already get added to traditional macaroni recipes.) But this, this is a whole new level of “fuck no, what were they thinking?”

Eating raw ground beef would be preferable. You might get food poisoning, but at least it would be tasty.

It isn’t. It’s just the more unnatural-looking the food, the more they feel the need to reassure you that it actually contains actual food ingredients. Even - especially - when those real food ingredients make up very little of the item.

3 Likes

I do!

1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp flour
1 cup hot milk
6-8 oz shredded cheddar and/or cheese blend of choice
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, dry mustard

Or for a stickier queso sauce, drop the flour, paprika, and dry mustard, sub in evaporated milk, use pepper jack, and add a starch slurry to thicken.

Or for a nice cream sauce, drop the paprika and dry mustard, drop the cheddar, use half-and-half or evaporated milk, and add a handful of grated cheese. Optional: parsley, basil, rosemary, lemon zest.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.