La Croix CEO's wacky 'handicapped' slur makes me want to stop drinking La Croix

6 Likes

Sacré bleu!

5 Likes

OTOH:

https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lookup/results?name=nick+caporella

13 Likes

There are lots of companies whose products and services I avoid on principle, but it makes me wonder. Have any firms actually gone out of business because of issues like this? They might change directors, but not the corporate culture (if it supported the bad apples). It seems like they can always count on customers who don’t care or have beliefs similar to the executives making these statements and decisions:

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying my Sodastream (never use their weird concentrates, just a little splash of a natural cordial). Pretty cheap to run, but need to get round to doing this:

3 Likes

All the Poles in Chicagoland mean that at the right store you can get 6 liters of Naweczowianka fizzy mineral water for 5 bucks.

I like to drink it on ice with squeezed grapefruit juice.

3 Likes

Other than the old-timey language I don’t think the comments are that damning. Being a pilot molester seems like more of an issue.

The work colleague also makes his own CO2.

4 Likes

If I’m going to buy cans, I tend to get Spindrift. I really like them. The grapefruit one is probably my fave.

La Croix is pretty… blech, by comparison, at least in my opinion.

But I also have a SodaStream and love just putting a small amount of organic juice like tart cherry or a fruit mix into the fizzy water. Mmmm!

I am making CO2 right now!

9 Likes

I’m making CH4 right now!

4 Likes

Well, stay clear of open flames then.

3 Likes
3 Likes

OT, but the large Polish community in Chicopee, MA got its start due to some immigrants, not having much English, mistakenly buying train tickets to Chicopee instead of Chicago. Bad Polish joke? Not according to my gramma who was born there to…you guessed it…Polish immigrants. :wink:

1 Like

Single Skittle dissolved in a bathtub.

1 Like

If you’re cool with lime or rasberry flavor, there’s almost always Canada Dry, Schweppes, or heck even some store brand generic stuff that I think is just as good. I think my favorite is the green apple Perrier if I can find it, but for plain or lime flavor I have no brand loyalty.

1 Like

I like bubly, but only if it’s on sale for 2 / $5; it only has 8 cans per case, but a big range of flavors.

1 Like

Been drinking tap water for 76 years, and I have no complaints about it. – Plus I have significantly more money in my savings account. and do not contribute as much to the waste and litter stream.

4 Likes

Slightly flavored sparkling water helped ween me off of heavily flavored soda. And I am grateful for your rejection of La Croix because I just went on a La Croix run at Costco, and it is now at least 50% cheaper than the cheapest sparkling water brand! Merci, gracias, danke schoen, derai dhanyabhat and good night…

1 Like