La Croix CEO's wacky 'handicapped' slur makes me want to stop drinking La Croix

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/08/la-croix-ceos-wacky-handic.html

3 Likes

Why pay extra for bubbly water.
Seriously. I get the store brand stuff every time as there is no magic formula like for Coke.

15 Likes

LaCroix’s terrible flavor and expensive price are what make me not want yo drink it.

11 Likes

I enjoy bubbly water, with no sweetener and a little flavor, but there are plenty of brands now, including best choice, and the Aldi store brand, that taste just good, and cost less.

My cheapness has kept me from going overboard with the brand name stuff, and saves (heh) me again.

9 Likes

Been drinking seltzer water since childhood. If I’m feeling fancy-schamsy, maybe a dash of OJ or a squeeze of lemon in it.

Called bubbly water fishy water before I learned to pronounce Vichy.

ETA the local store brand jumps around from 69 to 99 cents per 2 liter bottles.

11 Likes

I bet he’s a Trump supporter, too.

1. You should stop drinking La Croix because it’s garbage. If I am drinking something with flavor, I want more flavor that just a strawberry who farted in my glass.

2. His analogy is clunky and a bit weird, but also sort of accurate and defiantly not a slur, IMO. As an Appeal to Authority, I have a handicapped tag, so I am not completely approaching this from the outside.

13 Likes

All I really know about LaCroix is the hilarious commentary it inspires.

It just goes on forever! [Click for album.]

15 Likes

What’s this? People dunking on La Croix on the internet? The hell you say.

2 Likes

I pay extra for flavored, calorie-free, sugar-free, sweetener-free seltzer all the time, because it’s a delicious, inexpensive alternative to soda.

But I’ve never much liked La Croix.

2 Likes

I never used the word delicious, but I do love an alternative to the sodas that my body is addicted to.

1 Like

A whole skittle would be like 5x the flavor.

3 Likes

When I frequently can find a case of flavored seltzer for under $3, LaCroix is usually too darn expensive.

2 Likes

I admit my knee jerk reaction here is having less of a problem with the product but someone’s choice to buy it in the first place. Honestly i think Xeni is better off getting better brands or ideally making her own, making fizzy flavored water is easy and highly recommend it.

This is why I get Safeway brand. Always under $3 for 12 cans

1 Like

Spindrift, FTW

1 Like

I basically quit drinking soda by switching to Polar. Polar is delicious, but unlike a lot of the imitators out there they’ve been at it for a long time. We just recently started getting em our west and honestly it’s the best news in a while

5 Likes
8 Likes

A work colleague (being a DIY maniac in all things ) does exactly. His kids’ friends often come over to bum fizzy drinks.

2 Likes

Trader Joe’s came out with their own version of Spindrift last year, and it frequently sells out in my TJs. It’s cheaper than Spindrift and organic: https://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post/seltzers-with-a-splash