LA DWP says condo-dwelling couple owes $51,649.32 water bill

“Where exactly is the lake?”
“22A Runcorn Avenue…”

2 Likes

Or, to put it in a slightly different perspective, 8938 hcf is about 6.6 million gallons, which is just about one third of the 20M gallons that were lost in the large water-main rupture that flooded parts of UCLA last July.

Yeah, that’s still a hell of a lot of water. I gotta wonder where it all went. Behind the baseboards? Into the flowerbeds?

I don’t believe they would have left several faucets running full-blast 24/7 for months on end, so if there’s a big-ass leak somewhere between their meter and their faucets, I’m surprised their house is still on its foundation.

I mean, you saw that UCLA leak, right?

1 Like

When our local service replaced our water meters with the new ‘drive by readers’, all of a sudden my usage jumped 3 fold. I had them come out and check it and they told me that Ithe meter was reading fine and that my next bill would be lower (huh?) … Sure enough, next months was only 2X normal and the following month I was back to normal. IMO these readers are suspect. I’m betting this couple’s meter was screwy like mine and ‘fixed itself’…ahem…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.