La Machine's giant fire-breathing dragon

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/11/la-machines-giant-fire-breat.html

5 Likes

things like this make me proud to be human

7 Likes

Argh! If I’d known, I would definitely have visited Calais for this!

Disturbingly, it’s been 11 years since their giant spider, ‘La Princesse’, visited Liverpool, but it’s fresh in my memory. Wonderful.

3 Likes

Calling things ‘rad’ might be a little bit deprecated these days, and yet this is totally rad.

3 Likes

I’ve had the chance of seeing La Machine’s Spider and elephant saluting each other in Nantes a few years back.
Absolutely wonderful.

PS: référence to my hometown Nantes on Boing Boing! Woot woot!

6 Likes

it never breathes any fire in the video : (

what a gorgeous, awe-inspiring thing. i love seeing burning man style art being made and appreciated elsewhere in the world. i want this beast to stroll on the playa, though!

4 Likes

Cool, but don’t show this to Boston Dynamics or the robot uprising may be more violent than expected.

4 Likes

See, if they’d told us “Vote Leave to keep out giant fire-breathing French dragons” they might have got a few more votes (and it’s no less true than some of their other slogans).

2 Likes

This is, no doubt, erm… bitchen.
I for one though can’t help but be reminded
of Survival Research Laboratories.

2 Likes

Yeah, its neat.
But where Frenchmen build a giant animatronic puppet, Germans build a giant robot dragon!

Right reply button this time.

It definitely has majesty but it needs more conssumate V’s.

3 Likes

Not that video, no, but there are others at YouTube. :wink:

1 Like

oh i’m sure. i just think that if your header is going to say “fire-breathing dragon,” the video in the story should probably have SOME fire-breathing in it.

5 Likes

Vote REMAIN to enjoy cultural exchanges between French fire breathing dragons and British wooden dinosaurs.

Oh… nevermind.

1 Like

Look closer.

It’s hard to see, because fire is often hard to see, especially depending on the background. That’s not just smoke.

3 Likes

oh good heavens. i see what you mean. burning man has ruined me, apparently. when there’s something involving fire, i expect FFFIIIIRRREEE! haha

Vermithrax

2 Likes

Would you rather fight a dragon-sized cheetah or a hundred cheetah-sized dragons?

2 Likes

That’s easy. A dragon-size cheetah would be easy to evade, due to the high centre of gravity. A hundred cheetah sized dragons can fly.

1 Like

That’s going to be awfully difficult to ship to Nevada next August.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.