Watch: Komodo dragons vs. Robot Spy Pig

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/16/watch-komodo-dragons-vs-robo.html

8 Likes

Oh no… Poor Robot Spy Pig. :cry:

12 Likes

Can we do the next one with a drone attacking a colony of murder hornets?

4 Likes

Robot Spy Pig seems to be photographed better than Robot Spy Pig photographs. (if the goal was to see the inside of a Komodo dragon, shouldn’t we have made Robot Spy Pig smell more like …a pig? i dunno, stuff a couple of pork-chops up Robot Spy Pig’s Pork-Chop Containment Unit?)

5 Likes

100% sure what will visit my dreams tonight. Guaranteed. :pensive:

4 Likes

It gets knocked down and keeps filming. Definitely sounds like a journalist in 2020.

12 Likes

“Then we sent Intern Ricky to retrieve Spy Pig. Things did not go so well for Intern Ricky.”

20 Likes

Indonesian Barbecue up next!

3 Likes

No pork then.

2 Likes

They do tend to make the spy animals smell like the group they’re infiltrating. Spy pig looks like a loner though, not sure what they made it smell like. I don’t think the goal was to be eaten but rather to have a close up cam backing up Spy Komodo Cam.

But yeah they have great photographers getting great shots of the Spy animals themselves. Only a rare few of the shots the Spy animal takes are really impossible to get otherwise. Kind of a gimmick but a fun one imo.

4 Likes

These SyFy channel movies are getting lazier and lazier.

5 Likes

Robot spy pigs?

1 Like

Bloody robot voyeurs! I hates them!

1 Like

People definitely have intense feelings about them:

This is exactly why non-robot people rarely risk hitchhiking anymore, either. I’m not sure whether Hitchbot was a failure because it didn’t get far or a success because it fell victim to the same horrible behavior a human might in a similarly vulnerable position.
I would definitely be more inclined to pick up a friendly robot than a random person, though.

2 Likes

RSP zombies and a bank of kimodo dragons.

You make a great point. Some want to excuse violence by saying people are more aggressive toward objects, but that is not true.

Eh, they’ve done worse when it comes to special effects…

1 Like

Komodo dragon, probably:

“Who the fuck did put all that stuff in my food? That’s awful. I’m coming for you, asshat of a chef! I promise!”

That’s true. Although I think those movies would have been better if they had dropped the cgi and used practical effects. I want some poor shlub running around in a rubber suit hamming it up.

Fun Fact: Robot Spy Pig was played by Sharknado’s own Ian Ziering in an uncredited cameo.

2 Likes