Ladies in films win fights with this weird sexy trick

A realistic fight scene of a much smaller female opponent should include shots to the man berries. Ah, how skittish hollywood is about the junk!

8 Likes

That’s cool, but the scenes in which the devastating move is employed are most often shot in a way that does make it about some sexy crotch obsession. I think if if they weren’t shot this way we would all take it more seriously.

5 Likes

Not all woman warriors?

23 Likes

She did sword-rape a guy to death once though. Always with the crotches.

4 Likes

That’s probably a bonus point for Tormund…

I don’t normally ship, but if I did… I’d ship the hell out of these two…

17 Likes

Orrrrr…the casting criteria for female action heroes could be selected for strength and power rather than…the current criteria.

It seems to hold that we can’t trust popular media when it comes to the prevalence of women and scissoring, generally speaking.

8 Likes

I practiced martial arts - the first time I used the scissor hold / kick (I’m male!) it was devastatingly effective - particularly if you get one knee into the solar plexus as you tighten (with sudden, extreme prejudice).

So as a white belt I took down a 2nd Dan karate instructor. He was a little surprised (so was I) and never let me do it again.

So - it’s a real thing, and a very useful technique to have in the armoury. No need for flying athletics, it lends itself to any situation.

10 Likes

Also, Revy from Black Lagoon… there is an episode where she takes out a whole boat of neo-nazis pretty much by herself… not a single ninja trick needed…

4 Likes

yeah, someone did a flying scissor on me one time, only they put their top knee too low, so my ankle got broken in 3 parts.

4 Likes

Everybody deserves to have someone who looks at them the way that Tormund looks at Brienne over that hunk of what I assume is charred horseflesh.

21 Likes

Well the flying triangle is directly derived from the head scissors thing you see in the movies (BJJ is one of the greatest expansions of classic martial arts ever), but the movies use the pro wrestling soon and not updated sport fighting techniques.

Yeah the video I posted describes that exact situation in the highest arena of Judo - also the event that caused the widespread ban.

1 Like

Also, when two dudes use that move on each other on the wrestling mat they look like they’re actually trying to pin each other down rather than get each other off.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s why a movie like Haywire is so much more enjoyable even if they ADRed the heroine.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see where this goes…

Also… Arya:

And Lexa from the 100 is pretty bad ass and petite:

7 Likes

I would love to see a female action hero with the build and arm muscles of an olympic shot putter pummel some villans on screen.

Shoot that has to be someone’s fetish as well…right?

13 Likes

Yes. Yes it is.

Also, Haywire gifs

8 Likes

It’s overused, and there are some egregious examples (Goldeneye) but as a lot of people have noted this kind of thing can be derived from stunt tricks in “real” martial arts. It’s also a staple in Lucha Libre, where light and fast wrestlers beat bigger opponents with showy and deeply unrealistic spins that supposedly illustrate a victory of agility and leverage over size and power. In many cases (like Black Widow) it seems less designed to sexualize and more to pump up the perception that they punch well above their weight in combat. Personally I’d prefer more real Judo and Jiu-Jutsu, but those don’t clear rooms in superhero fashion.

4 Likes

Asskickiness is not a sign of societal advancement — whether it be from men or women.

5 Likes

Yours, apparently. :smiley:

But, yes to seeing some strong women on screen. Gwendoline Christie, who plays Brienne of Tarthe, is tall, but she’s not a jock. Not really the equivalent of Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson.

4 Likes