Lady Gaga, apparently willing to overlook an attempted homicide, offers $500k and 'no questions' for the return of her bulldogs

Originally published at: Lady Gaga, apparently willing to overlook someone else attempted homicide, offers $500k and 'no questions' for the return of her bulldogs | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Lady Gaga is notoriously, legendarily a Very Nice Person, so I’m hoping we withhold judgment on this, given that the reporting is from TMZ. We have no idea what she’s doing behind the scenes for or on behalf of the bodyguard.

Edit; I see other outlets have picked it up, too. Still, wait and see.

16 Likes

Whether she asks questions of the person returning her dogs would seem to be a separate question from whether the authorities do. It’s hard to collect that kind of money without some kind of paper trail.

27 Likes

23 Likes

Hence the

and

Rather than pure WTF? I gotta hope this is ‘working with the cops’

8 Likes

I know a honey pot when i see one

15 Likes

That was my thought too. “No questions asked” is not some kind of binding contract of all powerful immunity. If the shooter shows up with the dogs, guaranteed he’s gettin’ arrested with a shrug and no money. “I lied- suck it, asshole” she will say. And so she should.

24 Likes

That shot my “dog napper” paranoia right through the roof. Up here in the high desert it’s a definite thing, nobody leaves there dogs outside unsupervised…

15 Likes

Where I live there is a constant string of folks having their dogs stolen. If you are lucky you get it back by offering “a reward” – there have been several heartbreaking multi-month searches for stolen pets. I worry while walking two dogs solo that I am fairly defenseless.

10 Likes

or the kidnapper could ask for bitcoin or ethereum or Monero or hell why not doge coin to be transferred. if he asks for doge coin ill bet its Elon Musk that stole the dogs. thinking about it some more i could see celebrety pet kidnapping becoming a booming industry.
step one. fly drone with meat near pet and then into unmarked van
step two. request doge coin
step three . repeat

2 Likes

TBH if my dog was stolen I would probably not even be thinking rationally enough to put any of that together anyway. If I had her money, and $500K was the fastest way to get my dog back, I’d do it.

11 Likes

My pup is a service animal, she’s with me when I’m in crowds/large retail/trips. The service animal vest I surmise is a huge deterrent to dog theft, that’s what I tell myself so I can actually leave the house once in awhile, with a death grip on her lead.

22 Likes

Someone needs to explain to TMZ that having several paragraphs about the dogs prior to stating the condition of the gunshot victim is horrific.

18 Likes
9 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever so much as clicked a TMZ link, so I may be mistaken, but from what I have seen, I don’t think they would care one bit. People with a moral compass don’t really get into the celebrity gossip racket.

11 Likes

For us decidedly non-TMZers where does Lady Gaga fall on the Tom Hanks (10) to Mel Gibson (1) scale? (“Which, of course, is a logarithmic scale”) (always striving to keep in mind that nine outta ten celebrities didn’t get to be celebrities because of their SAT scores)

5 Likes

5 million out of 10

13 Likes

I remain skeptical of Tom Hanks being a 10. Perhaps Angela Lansbury could take over the 10 spot?

2 Likes

Wildly inaprops, but sort of obligatory

21 Likes

unnamed

5 Likes