Lamps that look like Jell-O molds of yore

Originally published at: Lamps that look like Jell-O molds of yore | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Weird lamps, but that clock looks delicious!

3 Likes

Damn, those are killer ideas; I’m lime jello with jealousy.

7 Likes

These are brilliant! And the one with hot dogs and spaghettios is especially fabulous!!

3 Likes

so…where’s the hat… one

Lamps based on molds that make me not only wonder how that generation survived, but also if they have superpowers now… :thinking:

6 Likes

The ‘Spaghettios and Franks’ mold makes me want to weep…

5 Likes

Jell-O molds or moldy jell-o?

1 Like

That’s me!
As a recipient of “creative Jell-O molds” I’m here to
certify that my whole generation has
fetal alcohol syndrome and perhaps…

PTSD from the Jell-O molds

6 Likes

Ok, I came around a wee bit too late for the “horrible things suspended in aspic” party food, but right after that came a generation of shag carpets, creepy molester vans, and rainbow sherbet party punch.

I’ve run across a few people who remember this insanely sweet “party punch”. If I remember my childhood correctly, it had like 2L of ginger ale, 2L of 7-up, ice, and a gallon of rainbow sherbet in a giant punch bowl. I’m sure the adults had an alcoholic version, but many kid birthday parties that I attended in So Cal in the 70’s were fueled by this high fructose suspension.

edit: Ha! found a picture of it:
613a123dd793a109e4f9b42073b15366

This would make an interesting torchiere if cast in resin…

8 Likes

Yeah, that stuff will kill you.

3 Likes

Ugh, this is the reason why I detest ice cream floats. They’re all like that punch in a glass. :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

I’m throwing up in my mind. Right Now!

5 Likes

Devilled egg clock – superb.
Prawn cocktail chandelier?

4 Likes

I think I threw up in the bowl before the photo was taken.

3 Likes

I was at a charity auction in 2019 where they served that pink punch; it was highly popular!

I’ve also always wanted an aspic suspension creation without having to actually eat it, so these lamps are a fantastic solution. I love the one with cubed veges floating in it.

1 Like

Of my what?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.