Large mouse pad really ties a desktop together

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/26/large-mouse-pad-really-ties-a-desktop-together.html

Does it wipe clean?

4 Likes

I bet these large mice have a pretty cool pad…

Back on topic, :grimacing: I also prefer a large mouse pad that completely covers my keyboard tray, less problems with running out of mouse pad or the pad moving around.

3 Likes

Mr Clean_ezgif.com-gif-maker

3 Likes

5 Likes

Yeah, a desk covering mouse pad seems great until my groggy at 6am ass spills my tea while getting set up for work (an unfortunately frequent occurrence).

3 Likes

“Back in my day” we called this a blotter or desk pad.

2 Likes

In my opinion, not experience, if you keep your coffee/tea cup next to your mouse, you’re going to have something bad happen. Not an if, but a when.

1 Like

Softening a glass desk, yay! Nice transition from the New Yorker conference break thing (c.f. “I’m this close to my own Paris Review column! Gonna snort a line of matcha off my meter-long mousepad!”)

There was no mouse in the pic though, right? Oh…Apple Modern. Ease you into the novel writing game. What’d I do with that pool cue mouse/controller I once got?

6 Likes

The mouse is the white thing to the right of the keyboard. It’s one of those new fancy mice without a tail.

Original mouse prototype

Note that the cord emerges from the posterior, almost like a tail.

1 Like

There I go, seeing a numeric keypad where there is a mouse. How did we ever operate computers without iomniflorbisters, eh?

4 Likes

In my time, we had t’ punch th’ holes int’ th’ punchcards wi’ our teeth!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.