Las Vegas mayor offers city as 'control group' to see how many die of COVID-19 without social distancing

The brouhaha over her televised comments may be for naught – there are reports she has no such jurisdiction, anyway.

Straight out of the Trump playbook alright. Announce you’ll do something you have no authority to do and when, when you can’t do it, blame everyone else for ruining your (incredibly awful) idea.

11 Likes

I saw the movie version of this. Mila Jovovich was hot, but it didn’t end well…

4 Likes

My wife and I got bronchitis in Los Vegas… I’d never go back.

3 Likes

Why does the GOP hate their own base (i.e. old people) and act like they don’t care if they die? You’d think they would make an effort to keep them alive before a big election like the one in November.

8 Likes

I suspect that what happens in vegas won’t obligingly stay in vegas in this case.

13 Likes

When did we become so dangerously stupid?

3 Likes

You’ve got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run

7 Likes

“Today, on, “I’m a Senior Republican Plague Island” numbers continue to dwindle…”

It is not “us”; it is “them”. Unfortunately, “them” has got the mic.

3 Likes

Huh. TIL.

4 Likes

2ph93x

12 Likes

She should have a look at the Tuskegee syphilis experiment. That’s how you create a controlled experiment.

1 Like

Russian Roulette, anyone?

2 Likes

That’s cute you think there will still be an election in November. Vlad has already given his orders to lil don trump that they will be cancelled due to a “national emergency”

I take it she has no intention on being re-elected.

2 Likes

I apologize for impling that all people who reside in southern states are backward hicks. That wasn’t my intention but I can see how my remark could be offensive. As a long-time resident of FL, I completely understand how rigged the political situation is in some states. As a current resident in MA I sometimes take this for granted.

3 Likes

He was also on the Labour Party NEC and a supporter of Jeremy Corbyn, so he is very ideologically distant from the Trumpists too.

4 Likes

This is going to turn into every Nicolas Cage movie rolled into one.

Which is why we needed his Superman.

2 Likes

Ooooooo . . . this won’t play well for her re-election.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 12 hours unless flagged)

8 Likes