Laura Poitras sues the US Government to find out why she was repeatedly detained in airports

I have a name for this type of defense, the Spock Defense. I understand it, I don’t like it, and I don’t know what to do about it.

3 Likes

Snowden, perhaps?

7 Likes

You are not right in summarizing, because you obviously did not read my post completely through, you just proceeded to fly right off the handle, as you do.

I am not making an argument, I am sharing the perspective of the govvies I know.

I’ve been in many arguments with the ex about abuse of power, and don’t particularly find the treatment here acceptable.

1 Like

Indeed, this is my position.

EDIT: I can’t comment on the one CIA contractor I knew that worked on busting domestic terrorists, and how legal those ops were. (I know scant details) But, the ex’s work for the FBI was meticulous, and had to pass the strictest scrutinies. That work was cross examined in court. Super proud of her, actually.

Don’t pretend you aren’t @anon75430791

3 Likes

I can’t be, I don’t know anyone worse than Dahmer besides mysel…

I’ve said too much

9 Likes

I think I know who @anon75430791 is.

There are two people that match: 1. one based on grammar, 2. the other on ideology. There are a few grammatical clues that point to #2, but I am leaning towards #1.

I should do some crosschecks…

2 Likes

Is it me? Have you seen us both in the same thread before?

3 Likes

I think it’s @funruly.

Am I close?

Is it a coincidence that @othermichael is on vacation?

5 Likes

Nope. Totally @AcerPlatanoides.

2 Likes

Damn, my two guesses likely are wrong. One word I missed just removed #2, and while there is flimsy evidence for #1 I just can’t find strong ties with the ideology. However that could be on purpose…

It isn’t on purpose.

I’d trust the government a lot more if they weren’t so stupid about the rest of it. Like liquid chemical bombs. I can bring in a ton of contact solution but that mom over there has to have her breast milk tested and that unopened water has to be tossed. Additionally, if liquids are all that scary why the hell are we literally just putting them next to each other in an unsecured trash can right next to all of the security in the airport? Liquids are either dangerous and should be treated as such or we’re all just accepting that they’re not and thus, should be treated as such.

If I was in charge of blowing shit up I’d use an international airport like JFK and get ten people to all get a bottle of contact solution past security and assemble things in the sterile area. These rules aren’t difficult to get past and provide little safety.

7 Likes

I wonder how long a ‘guess the sockpuppet’ game thread would last…?

2 Likes

Then I don’t know who you are, unless I am getting back inaccurate post data. However there are two words that you used that are only used by one other user and cory/xeni/rob :smile:

At least according to search.

1 Like

If you are really curious, just PM me. I must not post as much as you think qualifies as a ‘Regular’. As I said, it’s just my intent to post my dealings with my govvie friends, without having my name or handle indexed by search engines, not to try and cultivate some air of mysticism.

1 Like

psst…two comments down from yours. You’re in the clear.

I knew it. Everyone, its Satoshi Nakamura.

2 Likes

Or am I just that clever?

1 Like

I am definitely that clever. Look at me go! Replying to my own posts.

3 Likes