Lawmaker admits not independently researching lobbyist's claim that ectopic fetuses could be reimplanted in the uterus, blames medical journals

You’re really undermining my strategy for arguing on the internet here.

2 Likes

I wonder if they’d let someone who’d read about how to perform an appendectomy (for example) but was not a trained surgeon operate on them or someone they loved. I’m not talking about in an emergency, but just removing the appendix “because I think I can.”

Or on a less deadly note, if these legislators can practice “medicine” why can’t the American Medical Association (or an Ohio branch of the AMA) just hand the governor of the state a piece of “legislation” to sign?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about it. Thanks to recent advances in bullshit, we now know that as long as it takes more than 5 seconds to explain the flaws in your argument, you can say literally anything you want and 40% of people will accept it as truth. Provided you’re arguing in favor of something horrible and spiteful, that is.

2 Likes

Authorities: What procedure did you use?
Doctor: Thoughts and Prayers - the available evidence suggests this has the greatest chance of success.

4 Likes

Dude, this is Ohio, home to angry low info douche Gym Jordan and perpetual lackey-doormat Rob Portman. The Ohio Legislature has become worse than those two by magnitudes in the past few years. Completely anti-science and pro-religious in the extreme. So embarrassing.

3 Likes

Indiana politics moving east…

1 Like

I think that people like him can’t possibly believe what they are promoting; they’re just so jaded that they don’t care, as long as they get paid to promote it. For them, success in life is pushing whatever line gets them paid the most. They have no empathy, or morals other than being completely selfish and mercenary.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.