Lawyer defending strip club after man killed there also dies at the same strip club

They all died…

14 Likes
2 Likes

agree. it’s poorly worded. It took a while to figure out what happened.

1 Like

Was he wearing a helmet or not?

6 Likes

Maybe someone was “wearing” his helmet; precipitating his demise?

But look at all the fun we’ve had dissecting this grammatical grotesquerie.

At least you don’t live next to the Titty Twister. That place is open from dusk to dawn.

6 Likes

I wish the Disney had the balls to lean in to Jack Kirby’s artwork on strips like Thor and the Fantastic Four when it comes to making their costumes for the Cosmic end of the MCU.

1 Like

A) That headline needs to be nominated for some kind of Worst Headline of the Year award, if such an award exists. If it does not, it needs to be created just so this headline can be recognized.
B) Ooh, boy. Whichever lawyer takes over as the lead for the defense had better get on the phone ASAP and work out a settlement, because this isn’t going to help their case.

3 Likes

This is the book title that almost broke my brain when I was teaching my kids to read. It makes a lot more sense when you realize the name of the main character, but still.

pig-wont

2 Likes

Don't do what Donny don't does

Strangely, the first time I scrolled past this headline it made no sense at all, and then when I came back to it later it took a moment to remember why it had seemed confusing.

4 Likes

It took me a minute to parse that, lol.

1 Like

Um, carnitas? I am there

4 Likes

My inner grammar pedant appreciated all the headline-parsing talk, but amongst it, the lede got buried here:

This strip club hired a lawyer who went into their place for discovery and immediately drank himself to death. Their taste in attorneys leaves much to be desired.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.