Lawyers for Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes want to quit

Yeah I remember there being a bunch of episodes where the defendant “gets away with it.” I don’t remember if there was ever a case where the person is actually innocent, but that would be interesting…

4 Likes

10 bucks says Holmes’ “ripped from the headlines” character would get murdered by a cheated shareholder, though. :laughing:

3 Likes

Yeah for sure. This reminds me of a bunch of plotlines on The Good Wife, which had some google/twitter tech bro type characters (and a wife-murdering super rich guy).

3 Likes

“… or would ever pay, even if she could.”

Every time I see that picture, I think “the human hypnotoad!”

Must not look into those eyes…

4 Likes

@beschizza We need one of those funky face graphics, but just make it all Elizabeth Holmes eyes, staring, blinking, weirding. Like an evil seraphim.

1 Like

After listening to the podcast about her, I agree. She’s yet another grifter who thrives by convincing herself of things that aren’t true.

Nice of her to give them an excuse by not paying her bills, though. Dealing with a con artist has its small benefits, too.

3 Likes

If you read Bad Blood (great book), you learn that this person does NOT take feedback from others. She’s likely telling them how it is, rather than the other way around. She’s a genius and knows what’s best. She’s a classic narcissist with sociopathic tendencies.

Anytime I hear about lawyers quitting, that’s usually the case, rather than the money.

Balwani is also a nutjob, but I have a feeling he is a bit more practical than Liz.

5 Likes

Oh, there were several. My favorite was the episode based on Scalia’s Supreme Court opinion that actual innocence was not enough to justify a new trial.

6 Likes

The police part of old Law and Order shows was so good (LENNY BRISCOE FOREVER) and then they’d switch to the courtroom and it’d just be an actor lecturing to the camera in ways no attorney has ever talked ever in the history of time. So grating.

4 Likes

I made this, which you may not have seen, and may not wish to see.

Also this:

6 Likes

Unsee…

2 Likes

Ok, I made it through over 10 seconds of that vid. Do I win a prize or somthing?

4 Likes

It’s 8 seconds, like with rodeo…

You win a great big Theranos belt buckle!

3 Likes

Thanks for the video, as now I understand why it’s spelled H-O-L-M-E-S, but it’s pronounced SAURON.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.