Le Creuset launches cast-iron Star Wars cookware

Just to be comprehensively nerdy, the graphic as shown is wrong*, whatever’s on the opposite side.

The graphic shown has the six engine vents only found on the top, but this has the cockpit on the port side, not the starboard side.

*Not wrong in any way that truly matters, but wrong in a way that it would be something I noticed everytime I used it, bothering me with its tiny error. Does it matter? No, it’s the equivalent of a typo no one else is likely to ever care about.

3 Likes

I am using the boiler plate to scorch pig meat

And what I was trying to point out is that there are apparently details on the other side of this disc (a listing of the item elsewhere indicates this). If it’s the same details as etched on the side we can see, then flipping it over would immediately correct the error of cockpit placement.

Whatever’s on the other side, this side is still “wrong”.

Sure it’s in a completely pedantic way, and only one in a million people would ever notice or care, but it is what it is.

In a spirit of light-hearted and friendly pedantry, I invite you to look at those six circles on the back end. Those are only supposed to appear on one side of the ship, and it’s not the side where the cockpit is on the port side. Nothing on the other side could ever make this side “error-free”.

I bet the trivet functions perfectly otherwise. I know someone will enjoy it for years without noticing anything wrong with it, and there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s way better than burning the counter.

Who doesn’t have $900 for a (checks notes) “hand crafted, limited edition, Dutch oven with a painted representation of your favorite science fantasy planet?” I agree, it’s very nice, but my wallet has run whimpering into the closet to hide.

The mini-cocottes aren’t too bad, though, at $30. And I absolutely love the Han Solo frozen in carbonite roaster, although that’s again too high in price for my affordability.

Just out of curiosity: can someone tell me the purpose of a pie bird? I’ve never heard of those before.

2 Likes

Oh, on that count we fully agree. Expecting the ‘underside’ of the Falcon to be accurately depicted is something I wouldn’t expect from a casual application of license to product like this cooking stuff. But if they’d gone that far I would have been delightfully surprised.

1 Like

Must be sweet to have all that mad Pee-Wee moolah!

Shut up and take my mon-

(checks prices)

eeee.

Pie birds are a decorative way to keep the pie from exploding or spraying in the oven.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.