Leaked: damning Scott Walker dark money docs that judge ordered destroyed

Right, but that apparently didn’t happen either. Or did somebody just grab copies of it all before handing it over?

Have you ever been to Wisconsin?

No, not the same money. Different money but the same route. Remember, you cant use one can of oil to grease all the wheels. You probably needed to get a whole suitcase of money to keep all the corrupt judges and politicians happy.

Ah bless 'em.

Walker had hundreds of people arrested for singing, holding signs and banners, chalking, releasing balloons. I was arrested several times. No word on how much these illegal arrests and court dates cost taxpayers. Walker claimed in his presidential campaign that he knew how to handle ISIS because he handled protesters. But we’re still singing in the Capitol. He’s still hiding.

10 Likes

Despite the damning evidence, thanks to the “wisdom” of the USSC (including Kagan, Ginsberg, Breyer and Sotomayor), none of this broke the law.

I get the feeling that the US still hasn’t woken up to just how atrocious a decision this was. It’s on par with Citizen’s United.

5 Likes

How does someone dumb enough to write that on a check memo line even have $10,000 to throw around? Whatever happened to “A fool and his money are soon parted?”

1 Like

Things are rarely as simple as they seem. It’s quite possible that the person wished to curry favor with Walker but did not like him personally and figured that this stuff would come to light soon enough.

2 Likes

Apparently because one or more of the the Wisconsin Supreme Court justices were corrupt and failed to recuse themselves:

[quote]In 2015, Justice Prosser refused to recuse himself from a case in which
the state supreme court sat in judgment over the John Doe investigation,
despite the fact that the investigation focused on precisely the same
network of lobbying groups and donors that had helped him hang onto his
seat. The judge joined a majority of four conservative justices who
voted to terminate the investigation and destroy all the documents now
leaked to the Guardian.[/quote] –The Guardian

5 Likes

He earned my loathing years ago with his labour policies, but it seems he is truly one of the worst.

I’d wondered why he was a Republican presidential candidate, but now it’s clear.

Scott Walker has the right stuff.

1 Like

Good grief, HOW IS IT that this story is not on the front page of every major US news organization’s website? It touches on so many topics that are relevant to current events. Leaked documents, big money in election campaigns, the Citizens United ruling, a former 2016 presidential candidate, even Trump is in there.

Nope, instead we’ve got wall-to-wall coverage of Trump’s latest brain fart about where Obama was born, or what sportsball person is kneeling for the anthem.

3 Likes

Because major US news organizations are owned by the same kind of profit-seeking corporate conglomerates that back the likes of Scott Walker (and Clinton, actually). They see no reason to shed light on business-as-usual.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.