Leaked documents document China's plan for mass arrests and concentration-camp internment of Uyghurs and other ethnic minorities in Xinjiang

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/25/joint-operation-platform.html

4 Likes

Read the English translation on the right (pretending you don’t know what it is).

First part sounds benign enough. Vocational training? Hey, that sounds good! Then you hit your first WTF in the second half. Prevent escapes? From vocational training? You keep using that word. Maybe it doesn’t mean what you think it does.

9 Likes

“vocational training centers.”

When I heard that bit on the radio yesterday I chortled out loud. Who do these authoritarian scumbags think they’re fooling?

4 Likes

More here - or maybe just the same by different journalists - but I read all the articles in The Guardian today and was confirmed in my disgust.

But may I say, again: FUCK CHINA!

The Chinese leadership and major corporations really need to be sanctioned and banned from every other country until this stops. They won’t be, of course and one day the Uighers will be as destroyed as the Tibetans. Probably worse, seeing as it is their being Muslim that offends Beijing even more than anything.

5 Likes

Haven’t you heard? “Work makes you free!”

1 Like

Perhaps it’s a new euphemism for

(speculating on word usage through the lens of translation is never a good idea.)

It’s true that in this country we don’t generally think of forced organ donation as a “vocation,” but give us time. I’m sure it’s on Stephen Miller’s road map somewhere.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.