Learn Electronics With Arduino - a good book

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/08/learn-electronics-with-arduino.html

2 Likes

Would these books be available in Spanish? They sound great, I would love to off the learning opportunities to my Peruvian Nietos. In countries where such skills could give them great advantages I can’t even find STEM toys for them Science, Technology, Electronics, Math. Any Body got any thoughts on stuff for Latino kids?

1 Like

Dammit, Mark, you’re gonna turn me into my dad with this. Back when I was about 9 or 10 years old, my dad came home with one of those Radio Shack 100-in-1 electonics kits, where I could make things like metal detectors, radios, door alarms and stuff. But I wanted a skateboard.

If I get this for my boy, who is about 9 or 10, this will be history repeating itself, to a scary high degree.

Of course, today’s hardware is way much more cooler than those decades long past, and we can even code with it now, too. I definitely can’t let this memory hang me up. I’ve been wanting to jump into the Arduino world for some time, so this just might push me over the edge.

5 Likes

I would have been SOOO into this in junior high and high school. But we didn’t have this, so I didn’t get more codey. I know I know it’s not an excuse, but still, these kinds of resources are freaking awesome.

Whenever I see the water analogy for electricity, I’m reminded of Dave Barry’s comment on that:

“A plumbing system is very much like your electrical system, except
that instead of electricity, it has water, and instead of wires, it has
pipes, and instead of radios and waffle irons, it has faucets and toilets.
So the truth is that your plumbing systems is nothing at all like your
electrical system, which is good, because electricity can kill you.”

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.