Legal experts predict Donald Trump's doom

In order for Trump to be convicted, all 12 jurors must unanimously find him guilty, meaning he could be acquitted if a single juror disagrees. But Trump also faces 37 felony counts, including 31 under the Espionage Act.

Yeah. Sorry. I know I’m going to be accused of defeatism, but if they can’t get the venue changed, this is over. With a jury drawn from deep red counties it is a near certainty that one will stand their ground and acquit, no matter the evidence.

Politico reporter Josh Gerstein added that if Cannon “does plan to do Fort Pierce” it’s unlikely special counsel Jack Smith’s team would object “because they have to take [the] position that their case is so strong they can win anywhere.”

One can only hope they’re not that naive

5 Likes
4 Likes

Ha, I was just combing through the Trump threads to check if this had already been posted on Boing Boing before I posted it.
Because, my god, it was actually dumber than I thought - and I didn’t think it was possible for him to surprise me with how stupid and thoughtless he is anymore.

Dumbass knew he was being recorded, because he gave permission to be recorded, and still verbally confirmed he was showing a bunch of random flunkies classified military secrets.
And he did it to try and win an argument with Mark Miller over who wanted to invade Iran - to prove it wasn’t his idea, but the military’s. Because look here’s the secret plans they came up with and gave me.

And dumber yet, doing this doesn’t even prove his point. Because if the President says “You know what? We really should invade Iran… I’m just feeling really hangry today” it doesn’t matter if he’s a moron, or if anyone in the military actually wants to invade Iran or they all think that’s a ridiculous reason to start a war. They’re still going to go write up a report on how to do it and bring him some plans.

10 Likes

Censured?

3 Likes

Fixed it

4 Likes

robert de nero says he hates the man…
so I kinda go with that…

but…

1 Like

Sounds good to me. Too bad all of his supporters do not share a similar fate. Nevertheless, I suppose we’ll have to keep talking about him once he’s gone.

I’m reasonably sure the evidence will be damning and conclusive, the judge and jury will refuse to convict, and once again he will skate away while his base riots over the totally malicious persecution of the one true President, and Democrats stand around mumbling but Piggy had the conch….

1 Like

season 3 club spongebob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.