"Leopards ate my face" subreddit bans posts about coronavirus scoffers who later die of it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/08/leopards-ate-my-face-subre.html

9 Likes

“People dying from their decisions isn’t justice, karmic, or funny.”

That’s just not true.

I’ll give you “funny”, but you’re never getting either “justice” or “karmic”. You had a shot with “justice, karmic, AND funny”. But instead you went for a massive overreach, and failed badly.

51 Likes

https://old.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusRegret/

14 Likes

I feel evil for enjoying that thread.

But I still plan on reading it :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Irony…isn’t that the word we’re looking for?

3 Likes

I don’t wish anyone, even BoJo, to die of Covid. But these are people who have chosen to repeatedly ignore what professionals in their respective fields have been shouting from rooftops, and they chose to ignore that advice because they thought they knew better, and didn’t give a shit about anyone but themselves. If there’s a better lesson to learn from the last ~10 years I’d love to see it.

[edited to remove reference to Trump as it wasn’t really the point I wanted to make]

22 Likes

This topic is up for 35 minutes now, and noone has tried to fill my bingo cards.

1 Like

Don’t forget: 45 is the guy who okayed 2nd amendment solutions to problems. Now we have minorities being killed for jogging while assault rifle open carry jack-holes can seemingly storm state-houses while cops just roll their eyes and wait it out.

36 Likes

Back in February Michael Che of SNL used his “Weekend Update” sketch to make a joke about why you don’t joke about coronavirus.

I don’t want to make jokes about this coronavirus and not because it’s too sad, it’s because I don’t know that I don’t have it yet, and if I do have it, the internet is going to play this clip of me making fun of it over and over again.

Imagine if there was a video of the Crocodile Hunter making fun of stingrays.

41 Likes

Listening to a liberal talk show and a caller said “We have to open NOW!” He kept interrupting and they asked him:
“Which extended family member are you willing to sacrifice?”
Him: “I don’t have a family.”
click

19 Likes

I may not wish for him to die, but I am going to celebrate the fuck out of his funeral.

21 Likes

OK, well, that’s a valid reason. The subreddit is being watered down by “non-scoffers”, which dulls the entire point.

5 Likes

In the thread, moderator u/ROBOT_OF_WORLD writes:

it’s not very nice

I was unaware that being nice was a requirement on Reddit.

24 Likes

That feeling when Reddit is more empathetic and decent than oneself. :worried:

25 Likes

True, but some of the dying was avoidable, and, out of respect for the dead, I won’t mention the people that they infected.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t spend my time mocking the defiant idiots who found out first hand that they are NOT invincible… but neither do I have any sympathy to spare for them.

Instead, I feel bad for everyone they infected.

33 Likes

4 Likes

I hope that one day we will have a leather bound coffee table book of MAGAlo corona obituaries. I’m not sorry.

2 Likes

Che and Jost are pretty amazing as Weekend Update joke writers.

2 Likes

The best musical bit in what was possibly the worst version of The Christmas Carol: “Thank you very much

1 Like