Let a bunch of robots help you get your house cleaned while you are stuck at home

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/22/let-a-bunch-of-robots-help-you.html

2is1iw

9 Likes

Would you consider that an emoji because it is a Smiley?

6 Likes

If you are stuck at home you may as well do your own cleaning rather than buy robots. If nothing else, it helps pass the time and keeps your mind busy so you aren’t thinking nonstop about the collapse of civilization.

8 Likes

The HOBOT window cleaning ad is such a tease - full of huge commercial windows and a bartender with a wineglass. Where’s the dishwasher loading/unloading and stemware washing unit? Can’t wait for the manufacturer to create a model that handles jalousie louver windows.

2 Likes

We have a first generation Roomba I recently pulled out of the attic; the battery had degraded and it was too expensive to replace at the time. But now you can get the replacement for about 15 dollars. It does a fine job now.

We also gave one to a friend a decade or more ago. At his birthday party at the bar…we invented “ROOMBA POOL” by placing the roomba on the pool table and everyone bet on which ball would be the last one standing, or first in, or strips/solid. Eventually the bar owner shut it down as really got out of hand with people making bets/side bets and a guy holding the money and taking notes.

6 Likes

Especially it keeps the robots from getting annoyed and revolting. Good human/robot relations are important.

More of this

Means less of this

5 Likes

star-wars-1

5 Likes

All I want is a robot to clean my shower. A $3k robot to mow my yard, maybe. A $1,000 robot to clean my shower fuck yes.*

*assuming it does a well enough job I never have to do it again.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Where’s the cuttermatic 5000? Because I can’t use any of these robots. unless I can see the floor.

I just love the videos that show these devices working in homes that appear to have no real humans inhabiting them.

1 Like
2 Likes

SPOFFORTH (vb.)
To tidy up a room before the cleaning lady arrives.

(Adams/Lloyd, The Meaning of Liff)

1 Like

A shower is what you get washed in. Ergo, it is, by definition, intrinsically clean, so you shouldn’t need to wash it. That’s just logic, that is.

Yes. And to paraphrase the undefeated champion of the in-cubicle sabbatical - when I step out of the shower I am the cleanest object in the house, ergo there is no need to laundry my towels, ever.

1 Like

That’s how my towels work. I mean I’m clean and the water is clean so the towel doesn’t really get dirty right? Just let it dry out before the next use. Seems logical to me.

I missed FGD’s post, but yeah that sounds right to me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.