Let's compare the backgrounds of science writers for Fox and NPR

Brit Hume, Fox News (main station)
2003 Sol Taishoff Award for Excellence in Broadcast Journalism from the National Press Foundation
1991 Emmy Award for his coverage of the Gulf War

Dana Lewis:
Nominated for an Emmy Award and has also received various RTNDA awards for spot news coverage

Troy Hayden: Fox 10 Phoenix
2009 Emmy as best Anchor.
Anchor of the Year by the Associated Press
Best 10pm Anchor (also by the AP)

Jeff Brand formerly at Fox 45 Baltimore
Twelve time Emmy award winner.

Hume’s award was for his 35 years of work, the majority of which was not at FOX, and not for any specific journalistic accomplishment. As for the others, you obviously don’t understand that the Fox Broadcasting Company, and FOX News Channel are two different things. Most FOX stations are just affiliates, and are not owned by FOX.

1 Like

The response was to the erroneous comment that Fox has no journalism awards. Just debunking a myth, no offense intended.

Sorry, but not erroneous. I’m not talking about a “he’s still alive so let’s throw him a bone” award. A journalism award is awarded for, wait for it… a piece of journalism. Name one piece of journalism that FOX News has won a journalism award for.

3 Likes

The original claim, that “Fox” has no journalism awards, was debunked. Now it appears that the rules have changed and we are looking for awards given to the “Fox News” channel for individual stories. To be fair, let’s also include awards given to the Cable News Network (CNN) and the MSNBC network for individual stories. I am under the (perhaps mistaken) assumption that journalism awards for individual stories go to the story’s author, not the news network itself, but I will accept the research assignment for Fox News if you will check for awards received by the other two networks.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.