Let's focus on fixing problems, and not prejudice

Thanks, I get that there is a problem with a system built for white men, but I’m not interested in that style of discussion. Please leave me alone.

Sorry @Auld_Lang_Syne this was meant for @tinoesroho

Hi, fellow white male here.

What you are doing is not helping. Please stop.

16 Likes

Exactly.

Again, discussing the structure is not predjudice.

14 Likes

Also obligatory:

18 Likes

Notions of “income”, participation in rigged global markets, etc could be seen as applying Euro-colonial metrics of wealth and power to indigenous and other groups of people who neither benefit from nor desire these. Which would arguably deepen our assimilation and entrench our reliance upon Euro-colonial hegemony. No thanks! Not all people or cultures measure wealth the same ways, and those who presume everybody to be capitalist/corporatist make themselves part of the problem.

I’m sorry you don’t like what I’m saying, but I don’t like being silenced any more than you do. Please leave me alone.

14 Likes

(Saunters in, dressed in a smart Tweed jacket, wool slacks, penny loafers, sipping an ice cold Hendrick gin and tonic, and for some reason has an enormous fish perched on top of his chapeau.)

Hey @Mindysan33, @Melz2, how’s things? Anyone kickin’ up troubleOH GOD. I think I’ll… I’ll… I’ll be over here.

15 Likes

Japh!

14 Likes

Epic hugs back atcha :grin:

I’mma gonna stay fairly quiet, but I missed you motley crue.

11 Likes

We missed ya, right back.

9 Likes

captjack-mickey-hug

11 Likes

14 Likes

Hey, who could resist!!

9 Likes

THIS! I wish I had the confidence of a mediocre white man. And I’m a mediocre white man.

Wow. I’m glad I didn’t see this thread earlier. I would have been exhausted. I don’t know how I missed it. Lucky me-- probably something to do with my privilege.

12 Likes

It’s one helluva drug, I hear…

12 Likes

Me liking comments in this thread.

giphy (6)

15 Likes

It’s EXHAUSTING being a white man

16 Likes

If you’re in North America, you are on land that was taken by force, genocide and biological warfare. What would equality look like in that case?

It’s lovely to see North America point at white men and say we’re the problem, but you are also benefiting from that system. Take a few moments to consider the oppression, pain, death and suffering your lifestyle has caused.

Leaving North America would be a fair thing to do, even if it doesn’t come close to making proper reparations. But you won’t do that, you’ll accept your privilege with open arms and keep pointing at me.

“Black people are the problem”
“Jewish people are the problem”
“Native people are the problem”
“White people are the problem”

At some point, we need to start treating people like people, and problems like problems.

broadchurch-sad

10 Likes