LG's portable briefcase monitor is like something a spy would have in a 1980s movie set in the future

Originally published at: LG's portable briefcase monitor is like something a spy would have in a 1980s movie set in the future | Boing Boing

2 Likes

For the spy with enough extra arms to carry multiple devices.

If it had space in the case to fit a laptop, it could almost be useful.

4 Likes

Hello,

This honestly doesn’t look like such a bad solution for someone who needed a transportable monitor, but I have the feeling it is not in the same class as those shipping cases with the foam inserts in them.

4 Likes

Is that a turntable in the posts photo? That I’d by.

3 Likes

It’s an image of a turntable on the monitor. I wonder if that is its interface for playing audio files. Presuming the fabric back is a speaker, this would actually make a decent and aesthetically pleasing portable sound system in addition to the monitor function.

ETA: it’s a solution in search of a problem, but I really like this form factor and design

5 Likes

Yeah, I was so confused, because I thought it was a turn table, so then I figured Rob was talking about this kind of monitor

and so I figured the gray fabric at the back was a cool speaker? But then I couldn’t work out where the touch screen came in.

I need more rest.

4 Likes

I love the trompe l’oeil image of the monitor displaying a turntable. One consumer-electronics gadget masquerading as another.

The specs on this are kind of disappointing, but I can see uses for it. Years ago, I had a friend who worked for a high-end CAD software company, and he would schlepp 20" CRTs on sales calls. They got dropped constantly.

2 Likes

Same. I clicked through, and “more turntable.”

lol

1 Like

1920x1080 at 27in is…certainly a specification…I’ll give it that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.