Liartown: the First Four Years, a tour-de-force of killer shooping and acerbic wit

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/01/diaper-horse-n-pals.html

Sean Tejaratchi’s amazing Liartown, USA (previously) is a bottomless well of astoundingly good photoshops from a parallel universe of bitter, ha-ha-only-serious sight gags, minutely detailed, lovingly crafted and often NSFW; Tejaratchi’s new 248-page color, 8.5"x11" anthology, LiarTown: The First Four Years 2013-2017 is a powerful dose of creepypasta in its purest form.

4 Likes

Perfect, as always!

(Isometrick… hee hee)

7 Likes

Detention Whiskey

You betcha!

7 Likes

Kind of reminds me of Bruce McCall’s stuff

Thanks for the introduction!

4 Likes

Another work in a similar vein: The Carbon Based Mistake

2 Likes

I dunno… seems all pretty straightforward to me.

3 Likes

I still think that this is the true “tour de force of killer shooping”:

5 Likes

Spending, as I do, many an hour trawling Kindle Unlimited for things that are vaguely readable, that last one looks horrifyingly like a thing that could actually be written for the Prepper/EMP genre.

3 Likes

He’s so great. It’s a shame he wasn’t able to get the domain name for his previous project, Crap Hound.

2 Likes

PLEASE BREAK THE RULES RESPONSIBLY

post some funny covers

3 Likes

Indeed. It’s a lovely word, one I learned from the movie “Local Hero,” and which I used as the title for the first short story I ever sold to a professional market, just as I was putting together my first website.

Sean’s got a standing offer from me to have a subdomain, email forwarding, etc., which is the least I could do, given that we were both inspired by the same vivid Scottish epithet.

4 Likes

Oh, dear god, the things I have seen…

2 Likes

That “Touch-Me-Nots” pamphlet cover has been rattling around in the back of my brain since he first posted it a couple years ago. As good as his shooping abilities are, I don’t think he created that photo from scratch, which means that weird-as-f#&k outfit actually exists.

And I want it.

3 Likes

Apple Cabin FTW! I wish they put out a 2018 calendar; I would love to put it up in my office just for the WTF looks I’d get from staff. “If U need 2 ask ask” Well, I’m asking.

5 Likes

I went to a used book store while visiting family last week. It had a basket of those 70s-vintage craft books that Liartown frequently mocks. Instead of being depressed, I snortled.

2 Likes

His photoshopping is excellent, but what makes it all work is his encyclopedic knowledge of a zillion different design styles. Everything looks like it’s from an earth that isn’t quite real.

3 Likes

That Rattt Kinggg poster is brilliant. It looks exactly like an 80s hair metal band but plays off of the slightly obscure fact that a Rat King is a whole bunch of rats that have gotten their tails tangled together.

2 Likes

I laughed pretty hard at that one, and I’m sure I’ve seen it before on the site more than once.

1 Like

Well there’s always http://kindlecoverdisasters.tumblr.com/

3 Likes

dude holy shit

3 Likes