Sean Tejaratchi's Social Justice Kitten Calendar is a 2022 must-have

Originally published at: Sean Tejaratchi's Social Justice Kitten Calendar is a 2022 must-have | Boing Boing

4 Likes

This seems like the perfect gift for @orenwolf

3 Likes

What makes you say that?

2 Likes

Every saying in the calendar has actually been said on the internet

And probably on the BBS.

7 Likes

Maybe it’s just me but it seems like a lot of these are making light of the conversations that should seriously be had.

17 Likes

Yeah. It’s punching at targets with energy that’s better spent punching better targets.

And maybe it’s just me, but are we about to have a conversation that we’ve already had?

15 Likes

I mean , now that I’ve read through that topic, it’s clearly saying all the things I was thinking (and others too), and it seems like punching down is okay here. So, I’m not going to re-hash what has already been hashed. This is what’s acceptable here, that’s fine, not my circus, not my clowns. But I’ll re-iterate that I think this is hurtful content.

1 Like

Yep, no need to reiterate that to me. I already agreed with you.

2 Likes

police-officer-super-troopers

3 Likes

The fact this is now an annual thing puts it in a worse light (even if it is just a commercial decision). It was funny the first time, but each repetition makes it feel less like a joke and more like a humorless Turmp “joke”.

(I did laugh when I first saw it, because it didn’t strike me as mocking justice or empathy at all. It struck me as mocking a specific kind of mean-spirited internet cop-talk that weaponises those ideas from a position of power, with a lack of irony that cries out for satire)

6 Likes

I love the guy’s stuff, even when it’s, y’know, narsty, but I don’t even get this. (for a few years now)

3 Likes

It’s about being mean and shitting on SJWs.

2 Likes

It is cool to have threads full of something other than witty digs at conservatives. To really look in the mirror and see our part in using the dark force of humor.

Just kidding, the problems is just those people over there who have culture of SJW kitten misappropriation. Not anything we are doing here with humor to reinforce our echoboxes.

Craphound

So what is up with that name? I have never understood why Cory uses it and now this guy does, too. Does it mean anything? Is there a hidden historical use I’m not aware of that they’re both referencing?

Wise words:

7 Likes

Sean Tejaratchi is a racist transphobe (see his Twitter likes). He’s pals with Andy Ngo.

Stop supporting him. These calendars are not being ironic or cheeky. He is creating these from a place of hate.

11 Likes

It is. Sean Tejaratchi is a for-real transphobe and but everyone acts like these are ironic. His titter likes are anti-BLM , anti-trans, etc.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/ShittingtonUK

ETA: and welcome @Corey_Pierce !

6 Likes

Great.

This isn’t an “I’m disappointed with Boing Boing”, blog posters are allowed to post whatever they find interesting.

But fuck me, it’s really upsetting to see support for a racist, transphobic piece of shit here. I’m just not used to that.

6 Likes

Yeah, I looked and I feel real dirty now.

Everything he writes there is edgy bullshit and every single thing he “liked” is hate.

Is the work of this asshole really worth the few engagement clicks?

10 Likes