Librarians on the vanguard of the anti-surveillance movement

[Permalink]

3 Likes

People forget quickly and are prone to miss missing things.

I’d suggest placing a sign “A sign used to be here” behind the “Watch for this sign” one, as a subtle reminder.

8 Likes

Clearly the librarians are in cahoots with al-Qaeda. And don’t they get those sweet public pensions? Line them up together with the schoolteachers!

3 Likes

Better: ProXPN - They offer free, slower Basic Accounts or high-speed, paid Premium Accounts. And they’re NOT located in the USA. For more complete anonymity, they also take BitCoin.

They advertise on various podcasts I listen to. Security Now!'s Steve Gibson has vetted them. Discount codes are usually featured on the ads.

1 Like

And as to yearbooks, all that means is the FBI has to go get them off the shelves themselves, just like anyone else. All the warrant does is let them keep them almost forever.

I imagine that the school library is only for use by students and faculty. Even then I would guess yearbooks are probably only able to used on premises, not checked out. I would imagine the three letter agency in question wanted to “borrow” and digitize them for use with facial recognition software or the like…

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll look into your claims. At first glance, however:

“Rank 1st”? You DID read that TorrentFreak article you provided the link to, no? Quoting from the article: The order of the lists holds no value. It’s just a list, Scott, not a ranking. (ScottJean? Jean?) Besides, you’re going to copy’n’past the selling points, ProXPN’s streaming cypher uses 512 bits. So there.

The TorrentFreak article also listed proxy.sh as a no-log VPN provider. Here’s a link to the scathing Ars Technica article on them and their ‘transparency’ reports.

While PIA may not/does not log all network transactions, they ARE subject to American laws. If PIA had received a secret warrant/letter from the FBI, they wouldn’t be allowed to tell anyone.

Europe has strong privacy laws. Naw, scratch that: At least Europe, in contrast to the US, HAS people-protecting privacy laws - my guess that this is the benefit of having borne the brunt of the effects of the Third Reich and the Soviet Union. In contrast, the USA has strong corporation-protecting privacy laws (plus a ton of other corporation-protecting laws). You can pick which one you think is better.

Five minutes of googling led me to a reddit discussion about why, as of four months ago, PIA didn’t have a warrant canary. For other readers, here’s a link to Ars Technica’s article on PIA - Farivar is neither enthusiastic nor disappointed. He recognizes that he’s essentially at the mercy of the company’s claims. Caveat Emptor.

ProXPN is insecure than PIA VPN it is a world know fact regardless

Everyone can ask the question if ProXPN is better here Reddit VPN and find the answer themselves.

About TorrentFreak, ProXPN has never been on TorrentFreak and that list is the TOP vpn rating list in the world.

Europe and U.S are the same and work very closely with NSA, the snowden documents have proven it. So to say ProXPN is better because it is based in Europe is really short sighted.

Also, PIA VPN runs a ‘no-log’ vpn service, which means, even if NSA were to ask for data, PIA cannot provide it since they don’t log anything.

ProXPN logs your ip address and if NSA or Europe were to ask ProXPN for logs, they have data to handover.

PIA VPN is better than ProXPN in all the aspects from speed to security and pricing.

A Billing Scam by proXPN?

httpx://iconnectdots.com/2013/08/a-billing-scam-by-proxpn.html

Er, no?

One bird does not make a flock.

Isn’t one bird a lower limit of a flock?
Assuming we won’t do math-style tricks with empty flocks?

I’d hazard a guess that two birds would be the absolute lower limit of a flock. Are you thinking of a set of birds?

A bird would be ‘a’ bird. And a word. Haven’t you heard?

3 Likes

Two crows is called attempted murder.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.