Lifelock admits it lied in its ads (again), agrees to $100M fine

[Read the post]

2 Likes

“Despite these failings, the company routinely advertised that it protected consumers’ sensitive data”

2 Likes

What’s the FTV?

“Lifelock previously stated that the FTV would have to prevail in court to get any money out of it, because it had not done anything wrong.”

1 Like

FTC.

I guess business guys just aren’t detail people. They’re big-picture people. But they really should hire some detail people to see the job gets done.

3 Likes

Behind every business person who can’t spell is an administrative assistant with a dictionary (on- or off-line) and migraines from scrolling. Having been the latter sort, I know this from personal experience.

5 Likes

A whole pile of engineers and accountants would also be useful.

2 Likes

Who’s going to correct their spelling?

How about a spell-checking program that makes a noise every time is finds a misspelled word? Like Tom Waits in “The Fisher King” at the 2:03 mark in this clip:

3 Likes

I’ve got a copy of Typing Tutor from @OtherMichael for windows 95 and some old floppies with Office on them… Think I could help? :smiley:

5 Likes

ZOMG, the memories…“A” or “B” disks?

3 Likes

It’s from a whole gang of people (mostly active members here) - I was just the Face.

1 Like

It is nearly mint, I ain’t opening the box :smile:
Now to find a copy of Mavis beacon…

1 Like

I’ve got this one, but it’s a little battered:

8 Likes

Is that the version that Begbie used?

5 Likes

There’s no branch of the multiverse in which a “lifelock” is a positive thing

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.