Lion has learned how to open car doors

Originally published at: Lion has learned how to open car doors | Boing Boing

11 Likes

The velociraptors lent out their copy:

41 Likes

The excellent book The Tribe of Tiger is about cats of all sizes, but its lion stories are the best. While building the Indian railway the workers would sleep in the train cars. Unfortunately the lions would come to these oversized vending machines at night for a snack, and had learned how to open their doors. What a terrifying existence as such a worker!

15 Likes

Cut the power

20 Likes

Evolution has taught me as well to navigate the many things that stand between me and a tasty snack.

22 Likes

well hello people

5 Likes

This is essentially what Thorndike did with his cat-based puzzle boxes 100 years ago. His cats were much smaller.

5 Likes
7 Likes

IIRC, there is a Love Death Robots episode where cats took over and destoryed the world after evolving opposable thumbs and no longer needing us to open up their dinner.

5 Likes

Anyone who owns a cat knows. I just got a new dresser, and my cat Pastel has already figured out how to open the drawers and climb in. In this lion’s case, it’s like a giant Kinder Surprise.

cat freezer GIF

Breaking In Cat GIF

door GIF

26 Likes

The smart ones train bipedal mammals to do it for them.

13 Likes

They are called Racoons and they are well on their way toward world domination.

7 Likes

Was it an Impala? Because lions figured out how to open those things a long time ago.

31 Likes

Not much to do for fun when you live on a game preserve.

1 Like

3 Likes

What’s scary to me is how hard it is to tell if your door are locked or not, how easy it is to hit “unlock” instead of lock, and how most car doors these days don’t have a way to unlock them physically rather than depending on a button.

And then there’s the cars that unlock the doors automatically if you put it into park. So if you want the lions locked out, or just want to be safe in your car, don’t put the car in park (in some models).

also: Story of carjacking and assault (could be triggering) due to auto-unlock feature

2 Likes

Well, it sure wasn’t a Suzuki. Nobody opens Rhinos!

rhino

1 Like

These YouTube unboxing channels are getting ridiculous.

10 Likes

That’s how I finally learned how to open doors.

4 Likes

25 Likes