Liquid water discovered on the surface of Minnesota

[Permalink]

4 Likes

I literally just checked the top banner on my monitor to verify that it’s not actually April 1st.

3 Likes

:smile: :smile: :smile:

2 Likes

Where has this site been hiding? One of the other most viewed posts was “school drops Nordic skiing…” Extra hilarious to me because sometimes local university teams used to show up at the park my high school used for its “home” track. I’m pretty sure Gustavus Adolphus was among that lot on occasion.

Grow up in Minnesota, letter in Nordic skiing. Yay! We’re all masochists!

2 Likes

As your northern neighbor (kind of, in Michigan), I approve of this post.

2 Likes

Fort Lauderdale, huh. We’ll be right over.

2 Likes

My grandparents from Lake Wobegon (actually Glenwood) would always visit us in Tucson in March, precisely because of the liquid water (muddy slush), making our dry roads mighty appealing.

1 Like

It appears to be an alternative publication to the staid Gustavian Weekly.

We are Legion

1 Like

Yeah, it didn’t take me long to figure out where it came from (included in my comment), the question was more along the lines of this being some fine satire, so why hasn’t it ever made it’s way onto BB in the past?

1 Like

Maybe it’s new? Or the humor only works for those of us who have spent time in Minnesota and therefore understand the jokes?

1 Like

It seems a tad more applicable than to just MN. Any developed frozen-ass area north of the 45 parallel (obviously, not North Korea) should get this kind of humor. There was precious little on the website to provide length of operation. It probably existed as a paper publication for a really long time, much like the Onion. Dunno.

1 Like

I have no idea how long this paper has been around. This is the first I’ve run across it. I hope that the kids responsible for this headline get themselves an Onion internship, though.

2 Likes

Next comes the discovery of sentient cheese curds.

1 Like

I wonder how many other north-of-45 colleges have such publications? A biting wit might be the only thing keeping students warm in a biting blizzard wind.

edited: missed a word

I don’t know, but several of my friends are Michigan Tech grads, I could ask one of them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.