Post Your Outdoor Recreation Pics

Running, hiking, biking, walking, climbing, bouldering, SUPing, sailing, swimming, or just laying in the sun. Whatever it is–if you’re doing an outdoor activity, post your pics here.

8 Likes

A beautiful day on the river yesterday.

18 Likes

Now, when you say “outdoor”…

8 Likes

Yeah, so I had “SFW” in the title originally, but figured people could blur and mark things if that’s what they really need to post. lol

8 Likes

oh, my! never occurred to me to post NSFW outdoorsy stuff!
i was looking for something more recent, but they’re all going to look like this - fishing with the mum:

18 Likes

That looks so serene. Except for the attack pigeon.

15 Likes

mr. pelican is totally chill, tho.
that is, until you catch someting. he gets excited then!

16 Likes

Pigeons in Florida are huge!

15 Likes

Biking along the Mississippi last week at Hidden Falls Park, St. Paul, MN, stymied by river flooding:

Okay, let’s head South instead. Oops, not that way either!

17 Likes

Nice! How deep?

5 Likes

edit: sorry, couldn’t help myself

10 Likes

My guess was at least knee-high, but I couldn’t recall clearly how much of a dip there was in the path at those spots. It was wider across than it seems in the photos. The top pic area had been under water for a couple of weeks by then and was swampy and decidedly stinky :nauseated_face:

8 Likes

So I went back again yesterday afternoon, to check on the flooding at Hidden Falls Park.

1. Same spot as the first pic in my previous post: water’s gone from the path now, free to ride through:

2. Ah, there’s a culvert there. It was not up to the task of holding the mighty Mississippi!

3. And heading South, same spot as the second pic in my previous post: free to ride through now—but how far can we go?? (N.B. I was physically alone, but I had you bbsers with me :heart:)

4. Clear and dry for just a mile on the bike path, as far as the Hwy 5 bridge. It is reliably flooded in this spot, every year:

5. You can see how much the above photo foreshortened the distance across the puddle on the bike path:

6. You might think why doesn’t she just go around the water? There’s quite a bit more water to the left:

7. Squishy muddy all around. You can see the high water marks on the trees below. It was really lovely to step in amongst the trees there. A temporary wonderland.

8. Directly across the river, at the other end of the highway bridge, is Historic Fort Snelling:

Okay, maybe eight pics is a little much…I’m still getting used to having a phone/camera, and posting photos to the bbs! I can see that it would be good to learn to tell a story succinctly, in one or two or just a few shots :slight_smile:

16 Likes

17 Likes

That’s great stuff.

@KathyPartdeux Where?

6 Likes

@KathyPartdeux I spy, Franklin Field?

3 Likes

I don’t think so, those are nice. But if you are ever feeling self conscious about it, just put most of them below a fold (called hide details here). Us interested mutants can see and uninterested mutants (if they exist) can easily scroll down.

9 Likes

Wildflower hike in the Columbia River Gorge from a couple weeks ago.

18 Likes

Do you know what the pink ones at the bottom are called?

5 Likes

I had to look it up. It’s a bitterroot flower.

9 Likes