LISTEN: Cops harassed man filming them, cooked up charges to "cover our ass"

As I recall, video camera evidence played a big role in Old West justice…

2 Likes

I was going on the idea of undeniable evidence. Stuff with a very high level of certainty and accuracy. Like a letter ordering a killing. Except with the detail and ubiquitousness of modern tech.

1 Like

I agree but found it funny.

The fact that America stays on the couch while The Stasi run wild in the streets (and courts) is utterly depressing.

3 Likes

Surely you jest. There seems to be absolutely no contradiction in a cop holding that view, given the relative training, responsibilities, and risks to both parties. I’d guess few cops would feel “assisted” by having several non-cop open-carriers around them. Jordan Klepper did the definitive video on this for The Daily Show.

I love it when people believing in open-carry means they can do so anywhere and everywhere without exception. No considerations on their part what-so-ever. One or two people “test the waters” of a city/town/park and then groups start doing the same. Eventually local laws are written, challenged, and passed to outlaw open-carry in those areas. People who personally “push the limits” of public acceptance usually just get their rights stepped on. But they, for that few weeks, show the world they Have Power over authority. This all happened in San Diego and now it is not allowed. The law is currently making its rounds in the courts. Here is the ban: http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblogs/news-ticker/2011/oct/12/law-bans-open-carry-of-handguns/#

I support the right to own and bear arms. It saddens me to see a few ruin the rights of the many because of their own petty agenda. Open carry laws in California would have stayed legal without city/county/state laws being passed to ban it…if only the few had been more discreet and less “IN YOUR FACE!” about their rights.

TQQdles™

Also, Tamir Rice was in an open carry State when police executed him.
Tamir Rice Shooting and Open Carry Laws - Ohio’s Open Carry Law Does Not Apply to Everyone

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.