Listen to Cyndi Lauper's incredible isolated vocals for "Girls Just Want to Have Fun"

But she might have the Beastie Boys as the opening act on her debut tour when hardly anyone knew who they were.

3 Likes

Point taken. But they were both from Danceteria, so the NYC crowd knew 'em, just not the rest of the world.

2 Likes

The pre-autotuner days!

1 Like

Listen to her band from before she went solo;

Her voice is amazing. I saw her several times. She used to climb the rigging for the lights while she was singing and she still sounded great.

One of my favorite albums ever…

2 Likes

“White Rabbit” was always better when done by The Great Society. “Someone to Love” too, for that matter.

Both audios of Cyndi were incredible! I had a flashback of my youth. I drove my dad crazy bc I’d dress like her all of the time. I need to pull out some old fashion pictures that you actually hold in your hand. I’m certain I have pictures of my days as a Cyndi look a like! Lol

1 Like

The difference between all of that and Cyndi Lauper is pitch correction/snapping. I don’t listen to much pop these days because of this, it’s completely soulless.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.