Listen to Sean Hannity weave in an absurd plug for My Pillow while talking about Americans stranded in Kabul

rs_480x360-151218102609-christmas_story_13

10 Likes

According to The Late Show, he also plugged a telephone company whilst introducing the fall of Kabul in his radio programme:

5 Likes

Never been, but had to look. That is a shocking old fashion website. I guess it appeals to their demographic of Fox News watching senior citizens.

3 Likes

This is an old tradition with right-wing commentators. There was a recurring SNL gag about Paul Harvey always weaving in plugs for True Value Hardware into his commentary.

3 Likes

Damn, you were not kidding. And this is the guy who thinks he has some cyber chops? Oy.

2 Likes

Uhhh… gross. Just gross. Thanks for the transcript, because I don’t think I could stand to listen to his actual voice.

5 Likes

But that never stopped them before…

2 Likes

You lost me at listen to Sean Hannity.

I can’t help but wonder if it’s trolling though. Not so much owning the libs as knowing that it will throw anyone left of George W. Bush into a tizzy and completely sap people’s attention from the more insidious sabotage going on.

It could also be a shameless plug to an audience Hannity thinks is too dumb to notice or care. I honestly don’t know.

2 Likes

Hard right into troll territory. I presume the families of the stranded tuning in will get profound relief from a fresh pillow.

“Go to sleep earlier, stay asleep longer.” T.C. that part computes, I wondered how this Gentleman could sleep at night, now I know.

2 Likes

I don’t think it was exclusive to right wing commentators. Paul Harvey was exceptional at weaving ads into his show, but I believe that comes from an older tradition in radio. He just happened to be well known for it.

I’ve seen many youtubers make attempts at segues from content to ad, some well done, some with a tenuous thread between the two.

1 Like

To paraphrase the great Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, just a walking wee-wee bag.

3 Likes

nobody’s against segues. it’s the context that matters.

3 Likes

OH yeah, in this instance it’s a really bad one.

Just replying about Paul Harvey and others not really being unique to any one faction in using segues in to ads.

2 Likes

Seany boy needs to talk to Tucker and Laura- we’re supposed to be against getting allies out according to them.

Which is it Fox? Did someone not read his morning memo?

3 Likes

It’s always about the grift.

5 Likes

As Lisa said: “ it’s a God given American right!”Extremely Stupid - Saturday Night Live - YouTube

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it would be even worse for an Afghani [especially female]…
Is being a full-blown psychopath a job reiquirement to work at Fox? We already know about the fascist death-cultist part.
Glad I don’t have cable, so there’s no possibility of chancing upon that channel.

Oh hell no!

3 Likes

Seeing as how Trump was reinstated as President a few days ago, he should go over to Afghanistan and toss My Pillows into the crowd.

6 Likes

The difference is purely context. It’s one thing for a nerd to pitch Red Bull when attaching wings to a model airplane. It’s a completely different thing to sell anything while talking about people fearing for their lives.

And it’s a double helping of chutzpah that he does it literally 10 seconds before cutting to a commercial. “We interrupt this commercial message to bring you a commercial message.” Sadly, this probably bounced right off anyone who didn’t already know he’s a hypocritical piece of shit who’s only in it for the money.

3 Likes

I remember hearing Al Franken describe his first run-in with Hannity, he had no idea who the guy was, he just rushed into the green room and got up in Franken’s face, started berating him and dropping all the usual conservative turds, “oh yeah, well what about Ted Kennedy and Chappaquiddick?!” etc.

The Hannity’s of the world have no self-awareness, they think they are doing god’s work and they can break any rule of decency or morality in pursuit of their goals.

2 Likes