Listen to the alien sounds of very happy baby black bears

Originally published at: Listen to the alien sounds of very happy baby black bears | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Still ten times better than the sound of discontentment. Have you heard a black bear cub squeal in fear/dislike?

4 Likes

Just make sure none of those are fermented. You don’t want to be around a bear with a hangover.

6 Likes

Are they purring?

2 Likes

I don’t know the full context of this clip but there are very few situations in which it’s a good idea for a human being to pet a bear cub like that.

4 Likes

Idling

7 Likes

What a delightful/terrifying forest puppy/kitty.

2 Likes

Bears make some extremely strange noises. At my local science museum, they recently got an orphaned bear to integrate into their bear habitat. For a few weeks it was sequestered to get accustomed to its new home.

Over by the bear compound, every few minutes you’d hear a holler that sounded something like a distressed “YEAHH?” It was… seriously weird.

The keepers knew it, too – they had a sandwich board out that said something like, “You might hear some unusual noises from the bear house – these are completely normal.”

3 Likes

I believe their noises were in reply to the question “How do ya like them apples?”

5 Likes
3 Likes

Wookies!!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.