[Read the post]

Good for him that he’s a regular whistler 
 he seems a bit overinflated.

4 Likes

Chris “No Soul” Ulman

3 Likes

If you were looking for a tutorial

8 Likes

i used to be able to do that tongue whistle pretty well, but my adult teeth eventually finished their plate tectonics, the ones i whistled with are too crooked now. i can do it, but the tone isn’t clear anymore.

you could take it as a trip, but i swear, based on what was in the video, i could give that guy a run for his money. and i wouldn’t be looking like a square while i did it. i mean, Andrew Bird is better than this guy, how the hell is he the world champ?

ETA Ethiopian people get really weirded out when you whistle around them. i think they consider it rude? my friend would hem and haw, she didn’t want to insult me, but she was taken aback that i would whistle around her.

anybody? what gives?

2 Likes

That GIF

Sure, he’s good, but this guy will always be my favorite.

13 Likes

I remember that guy! Whatever happened to
brb

I believe this is Ralph Giese’s Facebook page.

And this seems to be his latest playlist: Whistler’s Muthers.

No longer has the 1980’s mustache, but apparently still whistling.

4 Likes

You’re doing it wrong, then.

I’m also a decent whistler. He has to take a breathe, to keep whistling, I can whistle on my intake too. I used to be loud, too, as I could frequently be heard over the lawnmower engine while I cut yards. Playing a clarinet (1st chair, and being as loud as in the middle of the trumpet section, the days of marching band
) probably helped in that matter. My diaphragm now isn’t what it used to be way back when.

Chapstick, yes, I can understand that.

2 Likes

Kelly & Company! WXYZ channel 7

that show had really great jazz flute theme music.

Best whistler? Don’t know about that. But I like that he chose the theme song of Yodobashi Camera to demonstrate his skill. He sure knows where to shop in Tokyo!

English version and a more modern one:

Can’t let this go without one from Roger Whittaker

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.