Listen to the original songs that Michael Jackson borrowed from for some of his jams

Originally published at: Listen to the original songs that Michael Jackson borrowed from for some of his jams | Boing Boing

2 Likes

“Hee Hee”

MJ

1 Like

Neat. I know that the base line of Billie Jean was from a Hall and Oates song.

That really blurs the lines.

7 Likes

blurry eyes GIF by Psyklon

2 Likes

2 Likes

Meh. All art is theft. I wouldn’t call these borrowed so much as “used for inspiration”. I think the Blurred Lines case was bogus too. (My Sweet Lord/He’s So Fine, OTOH, sound too much alike IMO.)

4 Likes

off topic but still Michael Jackson

1 Like

Dude sued Jackson for copyright infringement and won. Then years later, he sued also Rhianna, and won.

Just for anyone who erroneously thinks ‘Mama Se Mama Sah Makossa’ was really “I’ma say it one mo’ time time, I’m not gon stop.

IT WASN’T.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s an ongoing theme in music theory that there are only a set number of note combinations that are pleasing, so most music is just variations on millennia-old songs.

If anything, it reveals the music Michael Jackson himself would listen to, and what themes he liked enough to get inspiration from.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.