Listen to the "sounds" of wind on Mars for the first time ever

So any industrial waste dumped in the atmosphere will be noticed quickly, especially by people cracking CO2 for oxygen to breathe.

I love that graphic with “effectively unlimited carbon dioxide and water on Mars”. “Effectively unlimited” always means “I’m not going to worry about it.”.

2 Likes

The Martian atmosphere is something like 1% of that here. Why do they think there’s anything to use, because there barely is anything.

But there’s a lot of barely anything. :grinning:

You can make rocket fuel à la The Martian, but it’s slow. Faster if you can dig stuff up to use.

1 Like

I hope they understand that the martian atmosphere is a finite and non-renewable resource. Hell, it’s getting thinner over time, thanks solar wind.

1 Like

NASA is planning to send a “reverse windmill” to Mars with the 2020 rover: a little Mars helicopter with counter-rotating two-blade rotors.

2 Likes

In other words, he’s interested in exploiting mars in the same way we’ve fucked up earth.

Also:

I won't go into detail here, but people can't think about it offline

essentially means he has no idea if this is actually possible and hasn’t bothered to consult anyone who actually knows shit about mars.

1 Like

fuck science. I’m out of polymers, but I have plenty of mechanical parts. I’m building a windmill.

WindTurbine.png

1 Like

also,

is ridiculously addictive. (probably not addictive enough for full price, but, hey)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.