Literal copycat has been trained to mimic human behaviors

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/28/literal-copycat-has-been-trained-to-mimic-human-behaviors.html

3 Likes

At 0:45 in the second video. Cat is saying “you put your icky human mouth germs on that. I’m not putting it in my mouth!” Grumbling while human demonstrates once more. “Fine. But I get two extra treats for the cootie factor and no more putting your mouth on things you barbarian!”

11 Likes

My cat mimics my past behavior of running around the house like a mad man crying about nothing.

14 Likes

This video has been manipulated—it’s been reversed. The real video shows the truth: the cat has trained its human to mimic cat behaviors.

22 Likes

9 Likes

OK, now do that with the litter box.

1 Like

Cats have been imitating human behavior for ages. The problem is that the majority prefer to imitate true crime shows.

4 Likes

Off-topic, but she really has some gorgeous markings.

9 Likes

And cover it up, for heaven’s sake…

2 Likes

That part where she was staring at the camera was totally mesmerizing, too. Welp, time for some 'nip and a nap…
Wait, what just happened? :astonished:

3 Likes

I have been trying to find where the term ‘copycat’ came from. Cats are probably smart enough to copy us but have too much attitude to be caught doing it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.