Watch a cat mock its human by mimicking them, face and all

Originally published at: Watch a cat mock its human by mimicking them, face and all | Boing Boing

6 Likes

that default narration voice is one of the things that keeps me away from TikTok. it’s so grating!

16 Likes

I think he’s hinting he wants some popcorn. :wink:

16 Likes

That and the lack of useful video controls. They apparently want to encourage you to watch videos all the way through. My ADHD won’t abide that.

10 Likes

Maybe the cat is reacting to the slight squeaky sound of the popcorn being munched, kind of like how our faces sometimes scrunch up and contort when we hear Styrofoam squeaking – or how my face contorts when I hear something really annoying like the automated TikTok voice.

10 Likes

Indeed, that is very much a thing cats are known to do. (I’d expect they would lack the necessary cognitive facilities for facial mimicry.)

8 Likes

Siamese are smart. If they can find a way to mess with your head, they’ll do it.

3 Likes

Fecal mimicry??

Oh, right. Carry on then!

Looks like he’s experiencing a Feline Audiogenic Reflex seizure.this is the same kind of seizure that causes cats to gag on those videos where people run their thumbnails over a comb.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Had a part siamese cat, same face as this one.
They are super social, almost like dogs.

greeting me at the door, following me around the house.

All the loyalty of a dog without the neediness!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.