Little Caesar's introduces new Corncob Crust Pizza with 2L of liquefied butter

Originally published at: Little Caesar's introduces new Corncob Crust Pizza with 2L of liquefied butter | Boing Boing

No, thanks. I prefer my butter in a solid state.

2 Likes

Idk throw in some crawfish and potatoes and you’ve got yourself a Cajun pie.

4 Likes

Corn on the cob? Come on, try harder to be funny, pizza slingers. Make it hot dogs. Or make it pickles. How about potato salad crust?

It’s like they’re not even trying with these jokes.

4 Likes

Well…it is gluten free, I suppose…

I’m not sure if the timing of making this joke before April Fool’s Day makes it ridiculous or genius.

I wish more pizza places could serve easy green vegetable sides, like garlic green beans or broccoli or something. Even oven roasted! :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Oooh….hear me out, I just had a flash of inspiration. Roasted brussel sprouts crust pizza! And for toppings, broccoli and Velveeta.

1 Like

Vomit Barf GIF

8 Likes

Do they have a defibrillator at each location?

2 Likes

That’s been standard since the 5-meat pizza came out.

/jk, I haven’t been to a little Caesar’s in 30 years)

2 Likes

The butter reminds me of this research on saturated vs. unsaturated oils:

4 Likes

I’m calling it—a rather inept joke.

(Congrats to @thomdunn for getting the spelling right in the headline.)

5 Likes

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 Likes

Even Paula Deen thinks a 2L bottle of liquified butter is too much.

Homer Simpson, on the other hand, wants a refill.

3 Likes

It’s obviously a joke, like the clam M&Ms, but it is funny.

1 Like

I guess Americans will use metric to measure liquified butter by the litre.

2 Likes

Yeah, the part about butter is the giveaway. Little Caesar’s is notoriously cheap with their ingredients. They use a ton of soybean oil and non-food fillers like powdered cellulose. But actually using real butter? That would be pretty uncharacteristic for them, even in smaller quantities.

3 Likes

If you think that looks disgusting, just wait until you see a pic of the real, non-advertisement version.

4 Likes

Well, by the liter*, but it’s a step in the right direction.

*quart

1 Like

I assume “a 2 liter” refers to like, a soda bottle-sized container of melted butter, as it’s not unheard of for this places to refer to, say, “free 2-liter bottle of Pepsi with a purchase”.

5 Likes