Little green army men in yoga poses

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/02/little-green-army-men-in-yoga.html

3 Likes

Do they have “Monkey Steals the Peach?”

Wait. That’s not yoga. Never mind.

15 Likes

They’ll be very serene as I melt their faces with a Bic lighter!

9 Likes

Is the Yoga Joes’ battle cry “Yoga, Joega!” or simply “Yo, ga!”?

5 Likes

And now I want to see these guys in a Pixar movie with the leader voiced by R. Lee Emery.

12 Likes

What, no Downward Facing Dog?

I am disappoint…

9 Likes

Because posing is half the battle.

9 Likes

And here, I thought half the battle was ‘lasers.’

14 Likes

Looks like it was in their original set, not the new Advanced one. Previously on Boing Boing:

6 Likes

And you know, those lasers, at best, produced a mild stun effect.
If they hit at all.
You’d think at least the cobras would switch to real bullets at some point.

1 Like

Cute but not $20 cute when a regular bag of 32 Army Men can be had for a buck at Dollar General.

Soon to be followed by “Little sterling silver army men in yoga poses” when someone who does investment casting gets ahold of a set.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sterling+silver+army+men&tbm=isch

1 Like

Creating a mold for casting plastic costs a lot of money, but once made, you can use it for not-quite-forever and the plastic feedstock is dirt cheap. The upshot is that mass-produced plastic stuff can be very cheap, while small-market plastic stuff is legitimately expensive.

3 Likes

True of course but $20 is still a fair chunk of change for 6 army men. Unless they are artesenal, fair trade army men…

1 Like

There’s a few variants of this available in Japan for about the same price:

On the general subject of soldiers and the New Age movement:

We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose.

2 Likes

I’m disappointed to find that these are not skillfully melted regular green army men.

All it takes is a magnifying glass, bright sun, and the steady hands of a yoga master.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.