Livable Cities

Presenting the new ride.

Pee Wee Herman Bicycle GIF

14 Likes

Oh, it’s so prettttttyyyy!!! I love the color…

It’s just a normal bike? Or is it an electric bike? :thinking:

6 Likes

Renewable Energy GIF by INTO ACTION

Now she’ll be able to keep up with me on our brewery biking tours

8 Likes

Hooray!!!

muppets bikes GIF

8 Likes

I drove by here yesterday, but the side I drove by on hides the mall itself… I did see the signs that say “lulah hills”… :thinking: It also said the movie theater and one store was still open?

3 Likes

So I did drive by there this week (the ring around the mall is still open… a good portion of the building is torn down… it’s the section in the picture.

Also, on another topic… my friend and I were talking about the current wave of urban renewal and what it looks/feels like… which is it seems very… samey? We pointed to one “live/work/play” place we were driving past, and said that it felt like it could be anywhere in America rather than in Decatur GA… we had just been in downtown Decatur, which still has a pretty good, localish vibe. Though the problem is that it’s expensive to live in Decatur (though not as expensive as some parts of ATL)… but onto the larger topic of urban renewal… it’s the arts/culture that is leading that…

:thinking:

6 Likes

Congratulations to everyone in the United Kingdom on a decisive election result, one that will unleash big changes in the public transport sector. The Labour party, which is on track for a large majority, promises to restore government’s right to manage public transport in the public interest, sweeping away Margaret Thatcher’s vision of public transport as a purely private and competitive business. Even before the election, the dam had already started to break, as the previous Conservative government had allowed Manchester and other big cities to reform Thatcher’s system.

4 Likes

a driver going east came to a stop sign but didn’t stop

there was no negligence on the part of the driver

I don’t understand how blowing a stop sign isn’t negligence.

11 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes
10 Likes
7 Likes

Listen carefully to the music in the Dortmund video.

3 Likes

Dortmund Dangletrain is my techno bluegrass band name.

8 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

We saw a lot of that back during the Bush administration; [they] came in and said, “Let’s look to defund transit.” And then someone showed them the list of transit agencies [that receive most federal subsidies] and how overwhelmingly rural they are and they [were shocked].

:roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, but I just saw this. It is negligent. Absolutely. However, it’s not criminally negligent. To be criminally negligent in operating a car usually requires being under the influence, or on the phone, driving significantly over the speed limit, racing, or doing something like that. Running a stop sign or red light, changing lanes without signaling, speeding, and the like, are not usually going to be enough by themselves to be criminally negligent.

That being said, I hope her family sues the shit out of the driver for wrongful death, because in civil law, that is absolutely and unequivocally negligent. In fact, because the driver ran a stop sign, it would probably be per se negligent, meaning the plaintiff wouldn’t even have to prove that element at trial. If the jury accepts that the driver failed to stop at a stop sign, then it’s negligent. And assuming the driver carried insurance, that lawsuit would probably never go to trial. They would just make a settlement offer.

7 Likes

I have not had a chance to listen to this yet, but thought people might find this interesting.

6 Likes
7 Likes