Local news reporter in Florida posts smiling selfie at double murder site

Peter Jennings is responsible for those animated gifs that demonstrate the Fresh Prince of Bel Air dancing and stomping the World Trade Center to the ground. He makes them and distributes them via 4chan.

Peter Jennings is a sick man.

1 Like

In my fantasy version, I would hope the families would have been able to work towards satisfaction directly with the station owners and management without the added attention. Or maybe the added attention was necessary pressure on the stationsā€¦ I donā€™t know.

1 Like

@xeni Are the photos reversed? The South Carolina reporter was the mirror selfie.

Maybe you have a parochial definition of self.

Iā€™m so glad someone else noticed!

This is my first check in on this thread, and yeah it does look like the pics got reversed. The ā€œhorrific selfie by a South Carolina local TV news reporterā€ was Mandy Gaither - at the fire where sheā€™s smiling because - hey, massive hospital fire and no deaths.

The people smiling at the double murder scene are in the lower picture. Thatā€™s Jackie Orozco (on left) with a station photographer.

Solid reporting? From a talking head? They just interview the cops and read the police reports. Seriously.

Well, considering he died in 2005, heā€™s not going to get much better.

2 Likes

Protip: if youā€™re taking a selfie, itā€™s a bad idea.

1 Like

Your so vain, you probably think this news story is about you. Donā€™t you?

I believe thereā€™s empirical evidence suggesting that many malpractice suits are brought not because of the medical mistake but because of how the doctor deals with it: a bad bedside manner causes people to sue you for you mistakes, while a positive manner makes them less likely to sue.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t surprise me that the raw numbers tell a different story than what the greater reality is. I was going off of anecdotal evidence with particular doctors and nurses within anecdotal settings. However, it wasnā€™t just their bedside manner, it was the overall professionalism of the doctors and that of their staff along with many issues that were too small to report, but ended up being a culmination of mistakes and incompetence. There were many other issues that tied the hands of doctors as Iā€™ll explain below. Some of the more compassionate providers were visibly shaken and honest with us and did what they could, however there were others that lacked empathy and even seemed to resent dealing with a difficult case that meant lots of money to their masters (the insurance companies) if they made the right choicesā€¦ so they didnā€™t.

Some of the issues were systemic of being in a country without a single payer system for health care. I wish we could charge this fucked up country with malpractice. Some of the doctors simply followed what theyā€™ve been indoctrinated to do by a corrupt insurance industry that restricts American health care institutions on preliminary care thatā€™s more expensive in the short term, but saves the patients from terrible agony and preventable complications in the mid and long term due to myopic bean counters within our cruel, draconian, privatized medical system.

The same condition she had is treated right away in countries with single payer systems and prevents the massive, life-altering complications that she inevitably ended up with within our fucked up, privatized health ā€œcareā€ system within the USA.

The US media doesnā€™t cover these fucking horror stories like they do the malpractice lawsuits and how ā€œhorribleā€ other countries are that have single payer. This is very systematic as well.

If you have any doubts of this because youā€™ve been blessed to never deal with situations like this in the USA, then please watch this interview in its entirety and know the reality beyond the ā€œempirical evidenceā€:

Like most people dealing with the very serious health issues (and financial issues, yay, 'merica!) of a loved one who is in constant, agonizing pain, there was too much going on to pursue malpractice lawsuits (although I really wish we could have in many cases) and we just kept switching doctors and even entire hospitals until we found better doctors for the esoteric situation. Some doctors just donā€™t have the mental nor emotional capacity to handle unusual cases with rare diseases, etc. and it can also mean a death sentence if you are the patient without an advocate at your side in the USA.

I also have to wonder how that situation effects the empirical evidence. I know we werenā€™t alone in being in a compromising position for exercising our right to sue for malpractice. Sounds great in theory, but itā€™s much more difficult and complicated in practice especially when medical institutions are willing to hold up vital records (literally) from getting to the next organization as an extortion technique. I have to wonder if the empirical evidence covers those situations as well? I doubt it.

Iā€™m sure the empirical evidence shows a very different story since a lot of malpractice and incompetence goes completely unreported for a host of reasons. If my loved one had been by herself and I hadnā€™t stopped some things, she would have died (not just suffered badly like she did) and no one would have ever known it was malpractice.

There were a few brave nurses along the way that had the guts to secretly tell us we werenā€™t alone by a long shot with these various issues and it was only finally after we received some inside information on how to game the fucked system using medical school hospitals and their emergency rooms to be able to get on months long waiting lists for desperately urgent care. Even then after using inside info it was already too late and horrific, completely preventable complications set in that required an entire new set of treatments that were to be stalled due to malpractice, our fucked system and an apathetic, beaten group of well-meaning practitioners that had their medical hands tied. Iā€™ll just stop here, itā€™s very upsetting.

This was all with having health insurance with expensive premiums, by the way. Empirical evidence Iā€™m sure shows we should have been fine having that at our disposal.

One, last link in hopes a few more 'mericans who may be reading this will wake the fuck upā€¦

http://www.pnhp.org/facts/single-payer-faq

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.