Look at new SNL cast member Chloe Fineman's spot-on impersonation of Elizabeth Holmes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/19/look-at-new-snl-cast-member-ch.html

8 Likes

17 Likes

Just look at it.

3 Likes

That is some crazy eye control.

15 Likes

Still cant wait for the Kate McKinnon portrayal of her!

2 Likes

I am in awe of people that can become another person, though inflection, subtle gestures, augmented with makeup and dress, but through skill and subtle manipulation of muscles in their faces can de-age themselves to a teen or ,just just as quick, become 100. Watching the clips presented Chloe Fineman reminded me of Tracey Ullman, Lily Tomlin, or Gilda Radner. I am looking forward to seeing more of her acting and specifically impersonation skills.

And those eyes O_O …

She is not to be trifled with in a staring contest.

12 Likes

WOW. The detail in the Williamson voice and word choices is fantastic. But for real attention to the little things look at the pupils in the still frames of the first two, and note the bright light she involved to most perfectly copy Holmes.

Here’s another picture of this chameleon:

4 Likes

those impressions were too good.

7 Likes

Ok, now I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Or you just shine a high-powered light into your eyes to keep your pupils dilated contracted, (or use some “crazy lady eyes” contact lenses) but can’t throw shade on the effect. I’m disquieted. Deeply.

Edit: Bobo is correct, I should have used the word “contracted”. As a fellow pedant, I shall inflict the standard punishment upon myself; thirty forehead thunks with my Strunk & White.

2 Likes

I just finished this podcast about Elizabeth Holmes. She turns out to be a more horrible and destructive grifter than I thought.

5 Likes

Heh. I spy with my little eye what they did there.

When did Elizabeth Holmes suddenly lose it all?

When she finally blinked!

5 Likes

To be pedantic, light in your eyes is going to cause contraction not dilation.

A wee bit of atropine on the other hand… Dilation for days!

3 Likes

The whites going all the way around the eyes is called sanpaku, a few notable public figures have it, Kennedy and overy attentive girlfriend.

She reminds me of Cindy Sherman.

Of course it’s all the more amazing that aside from the visual shape-shifting, Chloe Fineman adds that layers of voice, gesture, tone, etc.

3 Likes

I’ve only seen her imitate women so far, but I assume she’d be a fine man too.

1 Like

Were those clips all the same person? Seems impossibly chameleon-like.

Amazing. There’s something in that delivery that reminds me of Jodie Foster … probably another character she could do with ease.

This makes my Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. What a gifted actor/impersonator!

SNL has gotten tons better fairly recently. Some of the cold opens are the best they’ve ever done (Matt Damon nailing it as Kavanaugh, for instance),.