Look! It's pizza night aboard the International Space Station!

Yum, ketchup pizza. No Tang™?

2 Likes

can’t tell if weightlessness here is bug or a feature.

1 Like

Where I come from it’s “Stir-Fryday.”

If you’re going to start mandating specific foods based on days of the week then you should at least have an alliterative angle, like Taco Tuesdays or Weisswurst Wednesdays.

1 Like

Snl Do Not Want GIF by Saturday Night Live

8 Likes

Hey, I don’t make the rules, man. Besides, the search trends don’t lie.
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=Pizza%20Friday,Stir%20Fryday
Oh, and that annual November spike? Apparently Pizza Friday hits its apex on Black Friday.

1 Like
1 Like

OK, how much longer do we have to wait for a workplace comedy aboard the ISS?

6 Likes

Perhaps this would suffice in the meantime?

4 Likes

I used to love that show when I was little…most the other Krofft stuff too.

Nothing beats Land of the Lost, although it fell apart after season two.

2 Likes

:musical_note: When pizza’s up in spaaaace you can have pizza any time :musical_note:

Also: guess they haven’t fully figured out that pizza 3D printer yet. Seems the lunar regolith one took priority.

Edit to add: I was originally surprised that that article I linked to said refrigeration of food was considered a waste of resources, given, you know, space. Then I looked up that the temperature out in space in low earth orbit is actually 10C (50F)! I knew it would be higher than interstellar space, and that in any case the lack of an easy way to disperse heat would be an issue, but that really surprised me.

4 Likes

Nah, every astronaut talks about how the ISS reeks of astronaut BO and the lavatory, so you’d hardly smell a little garlic.

3 Likes

No matter how it is made the crust is always light in space…

3 Likes

Boboli crusts are more of a space food than Tang, and probably have a longer shelf life.

3 Likes

Some astronauts miss pizza so much they order it from space, to be delivered to their hotel the day they land.

6 Likes

/s

6 Likes

Maybe if NASA had used Boboli crust for their insulation on the Columbia… :thinking:

3 Likes

It’s Contadina pizza sauce which comes in a squeeze bottle. Not exactly gourmet, but definitely better than ketchup on a pizza.

2 Likes

Howzat grab ya? as my Grandma would inquire.

4 Likes

Levity in zero gravity

2 Likes

or

“you might want to give it an orbit of the earth before you go in there”