Lose a ring on the beach? This network of professional metal detectorists will help you find it

Originally published at: Lose a ring on the beach? This network of professional metal detectorists will help you find it | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Any mention of metal detecting deserves a mention of Detectorists Detectorists TRAILER - YouTube
Brilliant understated humour Trampoline - Detectorists: Series 2 Episode 5 preview - BBC Four - YouTube

9 Likes

2c60xw

7 Likes

An old man who is a neighbor of my parents lost his deceased wife’s bedding ring into the rural lake he lives on. He employed one of these people to find it and they found it very quickly. As a bonus, they wandered down the shore to my parents property and found my cousin’s wedding ring that he lost some years before.

These folks provide a really useful servcie and the cost was very reasonable–especially considering the searcher had to travel to the rural area where the ring was long.

6 Likes

2 Likes

I am retired now and always thought I would become one of ‘those’ guys with a Woody Allen hat and metal detector combing the endless sand box of the world in search of.
So far I have resisted.
But happy to see a hobby turn into something that helps people.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.