Metal detectorist finds a WWII anti-tank mine that requires detonation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/29/metal-detectorist-finds-a-wwii.html

4 Likes

That show is fantastic. And you can tell who has watched it, as that word enters their vocabulary.

I have to imagine it’s a different hobby entirely anywhere a modern war has been fought.

3 Likes

Totally agree. I watched both seasons a week ago after a recommendation from my daughter and loved it. Great cast, great dialogue, sweet, and quietly funny.

1 Like

Good News

1 Like

Try to watch the Christmas special before watching Series 3.

1 Like

Thank you, internet! You give the best tips!

1 Like

Why does he keep touching it? Please stop!

4 Likes

Including places of production and practice.

I would need a change of pants after finding live ordnance, especially if its a mine.

2 Likes

I have dabbled with a metal detector, but living in a state with lots of wide open spaces and hardly and wars, there isn’t a lot of cool stuff to find easily. I know someone in Poland constantly finding crap in the woods.

2 Likes

I%20got%20a%20rock

I never even knew it existed, but I’ll give it a go, simply on the principle Toby Keith is eminently watchable in anything. A great British character acor in the Grand Tradition.

1 Like

Agree regarding Toby Keith. Turns out that his Co-star in the Detectorists is the writer and director as well. The dialogue is perfect, and the music is also excellent. Well worth a binge.

1 Like

Mackenzie Crook also plays a blue, pointy-toothed, permanently high druid in Britannia, which is my new fave at the moment. It is a fucking crime he never got to play Rincewind in Sky’s Pratchett adaptations.

1 Like

I don’t know Britannia. I’ll check it out. Thanks.

reading the articles on this site makes me think of Pattern Recognition almost daily.

1 Like

Yeah. Grew up in Arizona. All your stuff, PLUS, western civilization was a recent arrival. Best find was a two week old bottle cap.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.